Is it anal abscess?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Is it anal abscess?

Postby tnguyen3216 » 18 Aug 2023, 20:09

Hi, is anyone in the same situation as me? I have had anal fissure for almost 2 months now. It has been healing well, however recently I noticed I would feel feverish at night (even though my temperature is normal, which I find weird) and mild throbbing pain/pressure in my left butt cheek that seems to get worse after moderate physical activity or when lying down. About a month ago I noticed after bm I have sharp pain on upper left side of my anus, but it lasted for half a day. Then 3 days later I got the feverish feeling at night that woke me up from sleep. According to my CRS who I visited this week, the anal fissure has mostly healed, but I was also diagnosed with hemorrhoids. He doesn't find signs of pus/discharge or lump, and he couldn't explain my feverish symptoms. I did ask for an MRI referral though. I also had blood work for infection, but CBC came back normal. Could this be early sign of abscess/fistula? I read that a deeper abscess in the skin can cause fever. Thank you for your feedback.
tnguyen3216

Topics: 1

Re: Is it anal abscess?

Postby Aeric79 » 20 Aug 2023, 00:07

I have no idea , I’m new to this group and have had a fissure for about 6 months , anyway please update us on what they say after the MRI … praying that you get healing fast.
Aeric79

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here