is it hemmorhoids??? What is causing this??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

is it hemmorhoids??? What is causing this??

Postby bigbabyboy » 11 Sep 2011, 11:42

I have been to my CRS (who is really great, by the way) and she says that my AF is healed! I believe her because I don't have any more sharp pains ever and no more blood. However, whenever I need to have a BM, my anus/rectum feels tight while passing stool. And my stool is soft and not bulky really at all. It doesn't really hurt, just feels tight. If I take a mirror to my backside, it looks as though my anus is puffed out. My CRS said I didn't have hemmorhoids and that the tissue around my anus looks really healthy. So, why do I have such a hard time passing stool? It's like, when I need to go...I do, but I can't complete a BM. There always seems to be stool left in my rectum which causes pressure. What is the reason for this?!
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: is it hemmorhoids??? What is causing this??

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2011, 12:33

It sounds like spasms. I had the same problem when I had my fissure.This was my biggest problem with my fissure!! It didn't matter if I didn't bleed for weeks, I would have a hard time having a complete BM and when it did re-tear, it was almost impossible to have a BM.
Even if your fissure is healed, your sphincter sounds like it's still in spasm.

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2011, 12:35

BB,
I just read your older post and seen that you had Botox. It may be that you need another round since it does sound like the muscle is clenching tight and not allowing the bm's to empty completely. How soon can you get another shot?

Postby bigbabyboy » 12 Sep 2011, 07:45

I have an appointment tomorrow morning :) We'll see how it goes.
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Postby bigbabyboy » 13 Sep 2011, 10:05

I have another small fissure and my muscle is back in spasm. :( I go for another round of botox on the 23rd of this month. If it doesn't help this time, my crs is willing to do surgery. Scared to death and feeling really down :(
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2011, 10:22

Hey BB,
I'm so sorry to hear this! Image I was kind of worried for you when you said your were having some problems with the incomplete BM's. That's exactly what was happening with me before LIS.
I can understand you feeling down Image. Hopefully the 2nd round will bring you some relief again! Try to hang in there hun! So sorry!
From what I've seen on here and researching- this is typically how Botox goes. I think folks misunderstand when we say it's temporary and feel that we aren't always being supportive on here. I just want people to understand that a few shots may be needed to heal and LIS could still be needed in the end.
I hope things get better for you soon BB! Please don't be afraid of the surgery if it comes to that. It really isn't bad and I know you can handle it Image
We're here for you Image

Postby bigbabyboy » 13 Sep 2011, 11:30

Thanks Dawn. I'm trying to stay positive, but after 9 months it gets pretty exhausting. I know you can relate. But, I'll keep my chin up. Can you show me where on here, I can read your experience with LIS?? Thanks
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 13 Sep 2011, 13:20

You're welcome! My heart goes out to you. Image I know after dealing with mine for 8 months, I was at the end of my rope. It's so exhausting mentally and physically!
I'll search for my surgery and post -op threads. They're pretty uneventful and not all that detailed. I really didn't have a hard time, but I will find them for you. They're under Guest because I cancelled my account on here at one time...
I'll also post a few others who really helped me out and were positive. NG's was a good one, even though he had a slow recovery, it's very detailed and I found it really helpful before my surgery.
Take care!

Postby bigbabyboy » 13 Sep 2011, 18:52

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. As down as I feel, I keep my head up because I have a beautiful boy out of all of this!
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather