Is this a fissure?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is this a fissure?

Postby mystiques » 26 Feb 2018, 07:51

This forum might be my only help... I have been to two local doctors who don't seem to know what to do about me, they have referred me to a CRS but he is booked out for a few days.

I believe I have a combination of hemorrhoids and an anal fissure. I had painful hemorrhoids the past week and yesterday while passing some stool a lot of it came out and a sharp shooting pain occurred which I believe was the fissure tearing, the next 12 hours was agony until it subsided and I could barely stand.

I am generally feeling fine now but cannot pass stool as whenever I try nothing comes out and it hurts a lot. I've not eaten much except for some high fibre fruits and metamucil etc

The doctors have prescribed proctosedyl and rectogesic, but they don't seem to be doing much. I've also tried painkillers to ease the pain but that doesn't work.

At the moment I am trying to fast and eat as little as possible in the hopes that the pain will stop and I can pass some stool eventually. I'm holding up okay but eventually I think I will need to pass stool.

I took a few photos, can someone please help work out what it is? I'm terrified of my next bowel movement as it is so painful.

I also noticed some yellow mucus in the photos, what is this?

Images here: https://imgur.com/a/2j7cO
mystiques

Topics: 1

Re: Is this a fissure?

Postby Vishal » 27 Feb 2018, 19:33

Hello
If you are having trouble passing stool you may need a laxative. Would recommend milk of magnesia. Though if you are not eating much thats probably the reason why you are not getting the urge to go. I saw something that looks like a sentinel pile to my untrained eye so you are probably right that you have a fissure. As for the yellow mucus that may be signs of an infection or just leakage. While you wait for your appointment i suggest you use coconut oil orally and topically and also take bioflavonoid supplements for the hems. Also deep breathing helps alot to induce a bm for me.
Vishal
Salt Bather

Topics: 2