It's been a week...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

It's been a week...

Postby Guest » 23 May 2007, 16:20

It's been a week and I'm still having a fair amount of pain from where the incision was made and just a little of blood when I wipe after having a bm.
Unfortunately I am back at school and have to sit on my bum for fairly long periods of time, but it doesn't bother me too much.
I am going away this weekend though and I'm going to take advantage of the jacuzzi at the hotel. =)

Re: It's been a week...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 May 2007, 19:59

The jacuzzi will be wonderful, I promise you. Use it as much as you can and stay off your arse if you can...That is the key, I think. I was able to get in a hot tub twice a day and lay around all day for a week and a half; it does make a difference.
A little blood is OK. You may even get a drop in the water which will expand and make things look all out of proportion. Don't sweat it. Your fissure has five weeks of healing to go (most likely) so keep things in perspective and you'll be OK!
We're certainly cheering for you!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 25 May 2007, 16:11

make sure after the jacuzzi "calgon take me away" relaxation phase, to wash your bum with some clean water that is not chlorinated. blow dry and then moisturize for maximum comfort and healing.
enjoy your weekend!
you deserve some relaxation!
we all do :-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 25 May 2007, 16:16

Yes, have fun and hope you get to relax.
I would have a few days where I didn't bleed and then start up again. That could be so discouraging but what I learned from these fellas on the board is that just because you have bleeding one day it doesn't mean that you are starting over from the beginning in healing. That was great to hear and good advice that kept me from freaking out plenty of mornings.
You will keep getting better!
Take Care,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 25 May 2007, 21:21

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend as well. :)