Itch?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Itch?

Postby Guest » 09 Nov 2006, 23:28

Does anyone else suffer from the constant itch?
I get it really bad!
I can never ever scratch - god that would be too painful - oh but id love to have just one scratch!
Is there a way to get rid of this itch?

Re: Itch?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Nov 2006, 12:35

I wonder if the "tinactin cure" wouldn't be worth a shot for the itch. There have been a few anecdotal references to people being "cured" with tinactin...I have read where others got immediate reflief from the itch. It didn't help me ( I tried it) but it didn't seem to hurt, either (the itch is not a big problem for me!)
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby Cheryl » 13 Nov 2006, 04:13

Oh looks like we got the itch happening in a few topics - as you know I am suffering badly from the dreaded itch - I will do some surfing to find a cure.. stay tuned :cyclops:
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Me, too!

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2006, 09:56

I've been dealing with the itch, too! You'd think there would HAVE to be a solution somewhere.
Cheryl, I will be forever in your debt if you manage to find something that helps Image
Have a great day everyone!
Sara

Postby Cheryl » 15 Nov 2006, 04:32

OK, so I've had limited time today, but I managed to get to the shop and buy some 'unscented', 'alcohol free', 'chemical free' etc etc Baby Wipes. Apparently this will keep bottom end clean after BM (maybe for places like work, when you can't get to a salt bath??) Keeping it clean will apparently aid in reducing the itch..
Also, the obvious Salt bath if you can get to after each BM?
Someone said Vaseline.. But I have not tried that - I was always under the impression that you had to keep the butt dry.. but hey whatever works - try it if you want.
I'm a bit wary of using products such as Tinactin INTERNALLY- This is an antifungal cream meant for the exterior of the body and is treats jock itch, ring worms and athletes foot. Listed side effects can be mild skin irritation, burning, or itching - Applying this to Internal skin, with open fissures could quite easily exasperate the fissure.
This is all I have for today - will do some more research in the next couple of days - will keep you all posted Image
Last edited by Anonymous on 15 Nov 2006, 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Cheryl » 15 Nov 2006, 04:53

OK, bit more info:
Steroid Creams:
Be very cautious about steroid creams. It is possible to buy weak steroid cream (containing hydrocortisone 1% or less) from pharmacies.
In the short-term, the steroid reduces inflammation and therefore relieves itching but, in the long-term, it can make the skin thinner and worsen the problem.
Resist the temptation to keep on using a steroid cream. Use only for a short period.

Witch Hazel
– an old-fashioned remedy
This natural herb has the ability to shrink hemorrhoids and to ease the pain and itching, to soothe minor burns and skin abrasions, while preventing infection, and reducing the bleeding and oozing of certain skin conditions.
The large quantities of tannins, as well as the flavonoids, cause the proteins in the skin to tighten, which creates a protective covering that increases resistance to inflammation and promotes the healing of broken skin areas and damaged blood vessels beneath the skin. When it is applied to facial veins, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and bruises, the normal structure of the skin and capillaries are strengthened and soon return to their former structure.
Cautions with Witch Hazel:
Do not take the herb internally for long periods of time as it can interfere with the body’s absorption of iron and long-term use can lead to anemia.
Before preparing any natural remedies, always consult a naturopath or homeopath - sometimes commercial 'natural' products can contain 'non' natural ingredients. This is even more important when using things 'internally'.
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

finally some relief...

Postby Cheryl » 20 Nov 2006, 23:04

Some good news re: the itch! :D
I have been using the 'unscented', 'alcohol free' Baby Wipes and continued my salt baths and am 'mostly' rid of the itch.. i perhaps get a small itch when i break wind.. but hey i can handle that.. :roll:
so perhaps I was right in my case, maybe the itch was healing itch..
How is your itch going Annie?
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2006, 03:06

thats great to hear about your itch almost disappearing Cheryl, I wish I could say the same.. I just posted on the other thread about surgery, I am booked in finally - I have been in 'the worst' pain in the last week - its been so unbearable - and that itch is still persisting. Image
I will try those unscented wipes - thanks for the tip.

Postby happyass » 12 Dec 2006, 07:08

the secret to saying goodbye to the 'itch' is to keep your ass/anus completely dry.
one way to make sure that it is dry is to blow dry with the cool setting once you get out of the shower. it is so important to keep the anus dry to keep the moisture level down which is leads to a good environment for bacteria and other organisms to party down there :bball:
please avoid witch hazel on your fissure. yes it may help with the hemmys but a complete NO-NO for the fissures.
if you suffer from sweaty ass, use/make a thin cotton like napkin and place it between your butt cheeks to keep absorbing the moisture as the day goes by. switch your cotton napkin about twice a day.
the itching has more to do with moisture rather than cleanliness but if you can, take your bowel movement, take a shower/bath immediately after, don't use soap to cleanse the anus, and then pat dry with towel after your shower/bath. finish off with a thorough blow dry on cool - not hot as that will burn your ass :(
within a week, your itching should clear up if you are able to maintain a very moisture-free butt! :afro:
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 12 Dec 2006, 07:24

Cheryl wrote: buy some 'unscented', 'alcohol free', 'chemical free' etc etc Baby Wipes. Image

THAT WORKED FOR ME........ Image
i started with them right after surgery.. and im still using them! never went thru the itch... i think its why...