How bad was your pre-heal itch (or sentinel tag itch)?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How bad was your pre-heal itch (or sentinel tag itch)?

Postby appleapple » 04 Jul 2019, 11:28

I've come a long way in healing a deep fissure, going from level 8-10 pain all waking hours of the day about a month ago to level 1-2 discomfort now. I definitely feel the fissure wound itself is closing and healing, but in the past few days the itchiness is through the roof, especially at night before bed and in the morning (after I have my BM of the day, clean, and apply a post-BM suppository).

The best I could tell, the itch comes from within the anal canal, but I never experienced itchiness to this degree when I had my first fissure (which was closer to anus opening and visible to the eye).

In your experience, how bad was your itch? Is this normal? It's seriously driving me up the walls and no cream is helping. It's not exactly an area I want to scratch either. Agrhhhhhh!!!!!
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Re: How bad was your pre-heal itch (or sentinel tag itch)?

Postby appleapple » 10 Jul 2019, 17:25

Anyone?
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Okaybum » 11 Jul 2019, 00:39

Calmoseptine or pranicura will help. Ultimately, my itch may have been from hemms or an infected hair follicle.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby appleapple » 20 Jul 2019, 13:11

Reporting back to my own original post. Turned out the irritation around anus is caused by this propolis ointment I was using. I've always responded well to propolis product (taken orally or topically), but for some reason, this particular cream just doesn't work for me. The itch disappeared gradually after I stopped using the ointment. It irritated my skin so much that it kind of "burned" off the skin around my anus and now I'm growing new skins (it's not as bad as it sounds).
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist