Journaling my anal fissure healing

Journaling methods I am trying to heal my anal fissure in the hopes it will help someone

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Journaling my anal fissure healing

Postby iwillheal » 25 Jun 2022, 18:05

June 25th 2022

Today is my fifth day in a row with no bloody bm! :) I'm not sure if there was any pain today but my stools felt soft enough. I did have a few involuntary spasms at the end despite doing lots of slow breathing while I passed my stools. I can't drop the beat now!

Today I had another low fiber day:

- Breakfast: Egg and potato omelet and some tropical fruit smoothie. This is the first time in a long while that I am introducing in some form of carbohydrates back into my diet to gain some weight. Hopefully potatoes will be ok!

- Lunch: Chicken pieces, fish sausage, fruit and nut bar, 4 roasted bbq chicken thighs, prunes, a coconut water based chocolate "milk" shake and some juice

- Dinner: Salmon teriyaki skewers and 1 avocado...Had this quite late at 10pmish (not sure if this is good....)

As per usual I have done my usual routine, except for I forgot to properly dilate with an anal plug tonight and instead just used a finger cot to apply the diltiazem ointment.

Let's continue this streak so I heal 100% :)
iwillheal
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby iwillheal » 26 Jun 2022, 16:50

June 26th 2022

A low fiber diet + no grains and very little fruit and veg + diltiazem ointment + vaseline before the bm seems to be working for no bleeding. Although, I'm not sure if I feel a bit sore down there after the bm or whether it's just my anxiety.

Breakfast
Eggs, salmon, green smoothie, miso, and seaweed soup

Lunch
Protein shake with almond milk, fish sausage, soy chocolate yoghurt, breaded cod and yuzu mayonnaise

Dinner
Chicken gyro and fries.....Although I had potato in my omelet yesterday morning, I was slightly worried about adding this in at dinner tonight but I needed some carbs to gain weight and grains didn't seem to work well.

I've taken a slightly bigger does of the lactulose with a lot of water one hour of my meal to help.

Hoping I get another smooth bm tomorrow - Day 7 no blood, no pain here we come!
iwillheal
Fibre Addict

Postby iwillheal » 27 Jun 2022, 16:24

June 27th 2022

I had no bleeding and pain today but I had diarrhea because I didn't have my usual bm in the morning so got worried that it may turn hard if I don't induce a bm. Took a bit too much lactulose (just a bit) and more prunes than usual in the morning.... I have run out of prunes and prune juice so I'll need to get some more pronto!

Continuing the low fiber diet with:

Breakfast: Egg, salmon, miso seaweed soup

Lunch: Breaded cod, green smoothie, protein shake

Had diarrhea after around lunch

Dinner: Egg and potato omelet, a few pieces, chicken kaarage, scotch egg, orange juice

Tomorrow I'll be out quite early which I'm worried will disrupt my usual bm routine. Hoping for another day blood and pain free which will make it 8 days in a row!
iwillheal
Fibre Addict

Postby iwillheal » 30 Jun 2022, 11:49

June 30th 2022

So sad today :( I was on a 9 day streak of no blood, no pain? and soft stools until today...

I'm wondering whether it might be because I have not been having prunes/prune juice after meals which I was having before (a good thing about diaries is that I read by earlier entries and realised that when I stopped eating prunes or drinking prune juice, I would bleed the following day(s) OR whether it was because I ate relatively late last night, my last meal was at 11pm which is outside the usual range of food consumption for me even though I had some grilled salmon.

It might even be because I had a few skittles or maybe that cucumber stick? There were so many variations yesterday and in hindsight I should have just stuck with the exact diet that I have been following.

I've bought prunes and prune juice, renewed my mindset that I will heal 100% and will stick with my usual routine today.

I will overcome this!
iwillheal
Fibre Addict

Postby iwillheal » 01 Jul 2022, 08:01

1st July 2022

So I had a weird one today, I normally have a bm between 9am - 11am after waking up and then I eat after the bm. Today I woke up extra early at 5am and did my exercise and had 2 breakfasts before having the bm.

The breakfasts were: 2 eggs scrambled + avocado + prune juice / Full English breakfast from this chain called Leon and I had a green smoothie.

My stools felt soft but compacted and they were hard to pass through. I had to use a finger cot and break pieces or push my sphincter in certain ways to guide the bm out. It was a bit sore but there was no blood, which I'm hoping is a good sign?

I guess this also means that I need to focus more on dilation till a point where I can pass these normal sized stools easily.

For lunch, I had seafood miso soup, chicken skewers and deep-fried tofu followed by a few prunes.

I think I'll have either chicken or fish for dinner followed by prune juice and lactulose.

Tomorrow will be an early start for me as I will be travelling so I hope everything will be ok as I won't really have access to my usual routine of things!
iwillheal
Fibre Addict

Postby iwillheal » 31 Jul 2022, 16:18

31st July 2022

One month update! I've had no bleeding and pain for the month by following these steps everyday:

1. Wake up and have a bowel movement (Before I have one, I make sure to lube the anal canal with vaseline)
2. After bm, use a warm bidet and then do a sitz bath
3. Have a low fibre diet and have prunes after every 'heavy' meal (I have a baby food prune pouch that I have 2-3 times a day)
4. Take Lactulose (15ml, twice a day)

I stopped applying diltiazem half way through the month as it ran out and I didn't know if it was safe to keep applying the cream to the anal canal.

Fingers crossed I am 100% healed!
iwillheal
Fibre Addict

Postby Helpplz101 » 08 Sep 2022, 03:38

Hey how are you going?

I've got 2 chronic fissures on and off for about 4 months but I had chronic fissures 7 years ago that eventually healed.

I've had a week without bleeding! This is what I'm doing:

1) sitz bath at least once a day
2) drinking 2 L a day (very important)
3) Metamucil in morning followed by water
4) only going to toilet when I have an urge and if nothing comes in 3 mins then I get off to avoid straining.

The BIGGEST thing that has helped me is retraining how I sit on the toilet. After years of chronic fissures I realised I developed really bad toilet habits which included tensing my stomach muscles . Get a little footstool to prop your legs up on while on the toilet. Lean forward with your spine straight and breathe through your mouth relaxing. And do not push it out! Constipation is also caused by stress too.

I also use sudocrem to encourage healing.

All the best
Helpplz101
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3