Konsyl

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Konsyl

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2008, 15:39

I'm unsure what exactly is the deal with Metamucil, but lets take the nutrional information into account.
Per teaspoon serving Metamucil there is about 3.2g of Psyllium husk. Other ingredients include: Aspartame, acesufame potassium, citric acid, FD&C Red No 40, maltodextrin, natural + artificial flavorings....That's for Smooth texture Pink lemonade. Calories: 20
Per teaspoon of Konsyl: 6g of Psyllium husk
Other ingredients: ........
Calories: 3
There's a big difference...the additives to the smooth Metamucil are obviously more calorific. I don't want to ingest any sugar while taking psyllium supplements, and thats why Konsyl seems to be the choice for me. Its sugarless, sugar-subtitute-less and a high hit of psyllium.
I've only tried Metamucil smooth, and it made me constipated for some odd reason.
That's my reasoning and deduction anyway!
-Brendan Image

Postby Guest » 02 Dec 2008, 15:41

And I went to SUNY Buffalo whilst in the USA as an undergraduate...it was part of an exchange program and I had an instant rapport with the faculty and enjoyed the school and I vowed to come back to do graduate studies.
The fruits of my labor are now paying off :)

Postby cherylk » 02 Dec 2008, 16:53

Brandon,
I use the Metamucil course. I think I looked at the smooth and didn't like those extra ingredients either.
Do you plan to become a professor after getting a PhD or are you unsure at this time? My friend's son got a PhD from the University of Minnesota this year in genetics and developmental biology. This summer he started working as a post doc in a lab in Los Angeles, California, (UCLA) doing autism research. We are all very proud of him and his accomplishments. Your parents must be very proud of you as well. Good luck!!
Cheryl
Last edited by cherylk on 03 Dec 2008, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Dec 2008, 18:37

Great to hear that you are doing well Image !!! Hope you will heal completely soon Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61