LIS 2 days ago :)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS 2 days ago :)

Postby Sarah14 » 20 Jun 2014, 06:22

Hey, I am 7 days post op now and it's hurting quite a lot and it feels more like fissure pain than incision pain. I know it's early days but I am feeling a bit fed up now. The pain is really deep too, I've always believed my fissure goes way down deep inside, as a lot of the excruciating pain is felt just before pooing. Ergh. Want this to go away now.
Sarah14
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Apes » 20 Jun 2014, 06:28

Sarah, sorry to hear your in pain. I would think that surgery will different for everyone. 7 days post op is not that long. Try not to get discouraged, it may take some time. A good guide will be are the days and weeks getting better. I had botox and took over week before I felt any benefit let alone no pain. 46 days later I can finally say I think I'm healing. I have been keeping a diary, BM, food, pain. Its been helpful to be able to reflect. These days I sometimes forget to make entries, I know that is a good sign. I wish the best and a speedy recovery, be patient, its hard but you will get there.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Sarah14 » 26 Jun 2014, 02:10

Hi guys, a quick update. I am 13 days post op. Bm's are still painful, not as painful as before but enough for me to not look forward to it. I am unsure whether the pain is incision or fissure. Stitches are still there. There is virtually no spasm afterward, apart from a twinge here and there. So far going to the loo is still bad but it does not ruin the rest of my day so I am happy enough at the moment, but would really like the pooing pain to stop soon.

Sarah xx
Sarah14
Fibre Addict

Postby sb2 » 27 Jun 2014, 20:44

Sarah, I'm just a few days ahead of you at 17 days post op. Like you, my spasms are gone, with some days better than others. BMs still irritate my fissure site on most days, and on some of those days I get fullness and swelling down there that lasts all day. I was hoping for a quick recovery, but I'm now convinced this is going to be a long road. I'm trying to follow Roidsfizzman who is about 6 weeks ahead of us. He is still having some off days, but it seems like he is having more good days now. Good luck with your recovery.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Sarah14 » 05 Jul 2014, 15:25

Hi guys I am 3 weeks post op and still in a lot of pain when having a poo. The stitches are still there, surely they should have dissolved now? The pain still generally isn't there during the day apart from the odd stabbing and twinge. Things still feel very tight when pooing, I still have to struggle a lot to get it out ( and the poo is not large at all) so I am worried he may have been too conservative with the cut..?

Anyway, thought I'd just update.

Sarah xx
Sarah14
Fibre Addict

Postby Ray » 08 Jul 2014, 08:15

Sorry to hear you are still in pain, have you spoken with CRS? Do you have a follow up appointment? I am sure all recoveries will be a bit different.
It will be 3 weeks tomorrow for me since surgery, I am not having pain at bm time, I have taken a sitz bath after every bm since surgery, this seems to help a lot, and soothe a bit. I am still taking Colace stool softener everyday, and drink a glass of prune juice each morning. I pushed it a bit last couple days went for a motorcycle ride two days ago, and it was so nice out went a bit too long, and was a bit sore afterwards, but all in all things are progressing bit by bit; I was having spasming until about 4 days ago.
Hope all will get better for you real fast. Don't be too discouraged.
Ray
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2