lis/ skin tag removal today

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: lis/ skin tag removal today

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2010, 10:19

Thank you all :)
Things have been going good so far... Not really needing any pain meds. The skin tag leaks a little blood but really hasn't caused any pain so far.
I'm having very small, incomplete bms that don't really hurt but are annoying and leaves me feeling I need to go more. I'm stepping up my food intake today so hopefully this will get things moving. Other than that, things have been uneventful....
I really appreciate all the support and if anyone has any questions who's considering lis, I'll be glad to answer. Image

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2010, 11:54

SC, I just experienced what you said about the bm's coming from a different angle,lol and umm this is gross but they seem bigger. Good to know that will get better.
I can't believe it's been almost 4 weeks since your lis! It just doesn't seem that long. Are you eating any new foods?

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2010, 12:02

NeuropathicGuy wrote:dawn, you're "da man"! It's great to hear that things are going so well Image

Thanks NG, I appreciate all the support and you answering all of my questions... You all really helped me with what to expect and what to do.
If it weren't for all you guys I don't think I would have been prepared at all.
As a matter of fact, when I was leaving the surgery center the nurses said I could take a vicodin with me and get something to eat at McD's on the way home so it wouldn't be on an empty stomach, Image
They have no idea Image

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2010, 12:04

New mum wrote:Great to hear everything is going well for you Dawn!

Thanks New mum, How's your fissure? I hope you are doing better :)

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 21 Oct 2010, 12:47

Hey dawn, yup those small unsatisfactory poos are a fact of life in the days immediately after LIS. IMO they're from the anesthesia and also bowel numbness. I remember that both me and Steve and probably others had them lol. They're super annoying because you wish everything would just evacuate the premises at once. I actually started eating like a pig on all sorts of things about 2 days afterward in the hopes of "pushing" more out at one time.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2010, 14:37

Good to know it's not unusual NG. I'm going to crank up the food intake today. I'm starving anyway. I've lost 50 lbs w/ this stupid fissure. I look awful... Image

Postby Deleted User 428 » 21 Oct 2010, 14:38

Hey Dawn.
Glad things are going smoothly.
Yes, I have been eating pretty much anything I want in moderation. My core diet is still the same though. Tons of water and as many veggies and fruits as I can get in. I still shy away from red meats and cheeses just because I'm scared of the results. I have had a little of both without any problems though.
I also have been cutting back on my stool softners. I only take one a day now. My CRS is going to want me to stop those all together when I see him in 2 weeks so I thought I'd better ease off of them as I can.
Take care.
Deleted User 428

Postby PaulsPain » 21 Oct 2010, 15:37

Hey Dawn-
I am so glad to hear everything is going well. Image
Ya, I would start eating more - helps healing. I always drop about 10 lbs after surgery since I never seem to have much of an appetite.....
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Guest » 21 Oct 2010, 16:10

Thank you Paul. I've been so hungry since my surgery...
How have you been doing? Everything healing now?

Postby PaulsPain » 22 Oct 2010, 07:19

Hey Dawn-
Thanks for asking. Basically taking a day at a time right now. I saw my CRS last week and he said everything looked good. I still have the draining seton in which is really is irritating. Going to a GI next week that specializes in Crohn's. My surgeon has now told me he thinks 90% likely I have Peri-anal Crohn's. But of course all the biopsies that he has taken come back normal. So I'll see..... I suspect I will be in for more poking and prodding at the GI so not looking forward to that.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4