List of "safe" fruits

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

List of "safe" fruits

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 06:10

There is a lot of opinions on what each of us consider "safe" fruits from an AF standpoint, and I know it will differ from person to person, but what are the absolute safe fruits that people here eat?
I know that bananas and apples are called into question because of there binding properties. Oranges and grapefruits are called into question because of the acidic nature.
Based on that, I'd like to poll the board on the following fruits:
Watermelon (no seeds)
Cantaloupe
Honey Melon
Strawberries
Peaches (with or without skin>)
Raisins
Pineapple
Plums
Pears
Anything else??
Thanks.

Re: List of "safe" fruits

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2007, 08:23

Cantalopes and melons need to be called into question because they move through your system too fast and can cause watery, loose, stinging stools...
Bananas never caused me any problems, I ate them the whole time I had my fissure.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 09:09

Other than citrus fruits and bananas I eat the rest without a problem. I think everyone is different. I can eat a huge bowl of cut up melon and not have a problem. So I don't know other than citrus that we can find a master list that will work for all of us.
Kind of like cereal choice. I love All Bran Buds and will never stop eating those (hope they don't discontinue those or I am sunk) but Kim is a Mueslix kind of guy.

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 09:28

Even then, I eat citrus every morning and found that it is the only thing that will keep the beginning of the poo from being hard. So for me, citrus is a "safe" even helpful type of fruit.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 10:40

BG,
Do you think it's the citric acid or that vitiman C that does the job?

Postby Guest » 22 Jun 2007, 16:22

Hey,

I could not do the melon either or grapes, it went right thru me. I can eat srawberries, rasberries, 1/2 banana and peaches they seem to be ok. I just keep trying different fruits. What about veggies what is the poll on veggies such as cooked carrots??

BBG
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 16:29

RE: the acid or the Vit C

Honestly, I think it's neither. I eat the grapfruit by the slice and think that it is the pulp and the fibrous membrain of the slices along with the juiciness. I don't tend to eat too much to begin with, so this is a good way for me to start the day. liquid+soluble fiber+insoulble fiber.

I also find that fibrous mangos have a similar effect.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jun 2007, 16:43

Kind of like cereal choice. I love All Bran Buds and will never stop eating those (hope they don't discontinue those or I am sunk) but Kim is a Mueslix kind of guy.
Well, Lecia, I hope you keep eating those All Bran buds! Something sure healed your fissure, you were so lucky...
I think the citrus in the morning just might be a great idea for keeping that leading stool from being hard. That might be a winning AF tip, buttgirl!!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 22 Jun 2007, 17:53

I hope so! Fortunately, I discovered early on, but not early enough, that it helped.

Still this past year and a half has been a pain in the rear. (The only thing fun about it is that I get to make these silly jokes. Instead of a journal or daily log, for instance, I have an a$$ log, which helps to identify and keep track of the trigger foods as well as record my healing progress. Oh and of course, my ARSEnal, my bag of nifedipine, neosporin, etc., which I never leave home without.)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 22 Jun 2007, 18:35

Hey, buttgirl, what cirtrus fruits do you eat in the morning and how much?
I often have the "hard at the tip" poop. Maybe I'll try your trick.
steve
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21