Losing faith...

...but trying to carry on

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Losing faith...

Postby ken2021 » 07 Aug 2021, 09:51

StarrySky wrote:Thank you. It's been really tough. I see my surgeon again in about a week. I don't think he'll be able to do a full exam, though, since the fissure pain is still there. Again, my problem is related to thin/dry skin in the area, making it hard for me to heal, which is more than likely related to a drug I'm taking that I'm waiting to get out of my system. So, don't be discouraged by my story.

My incision was almost healed when I saw my CRS a few weeks ago. My problem is just the fissures healing.

From what I've read, the tightness after LIS never returns, although you gradually get tighter as a year goes by. But the study I read was that the muscle doesn't return to that tightness you had pre-LIS. I may be wrong, so someone correct me if I am. That is something I need to discuss with my CRS next time I see him since I'm curious myself. I really don't want to get this surgery again, but I will if I need it in the future.

I experience some swelling after BMs. I agree it's annoying, but it will pass in time. Again, these things take a long time to heal, unfortunately.

Hi Starry are you healed now?
ken2021
Salt Bather

Topics: 1