Lubricating suppositories?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Lubricating suppositories?

Postby afugh!! » 09 Nov 2010, 21:36

My GS told me to put it in about 1-2 cm and rim it.My CRS told me the best way to apply it to be it's most effective was knuckle deep and to smear it on the side towards my genitals.I think when you have an LIS it is the side where they make the cut and I think thats why it felt more effective than just rimming it.Plus I think it is the reason why I never got the hemmy's.My last re-tear wasn't bad and I had no tightening of the sphincter so thats why it was easy for me to slide my finger in.Must be awful hard to put a finger up there when your fissure is pissed off but if you can find a way to slide it up there I believe it is the more effective.The way I applied it was I used a latex glove lubed with A+D ointment,had the nitro not all the way to the tip of the finger close to your fingernails but on the flat of the index finger,jammed it up there and smeared it on the rectum wall.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 13 Nov 2010, 05:10

I used an oral baby syringe to get nitroglycerin ointment inside the rectum. It's pretty effective since you only have to get the little tiny tip of the syringe inside, then a simple push/squirt does the rest. Definitely not as "targeted" as using a finger though :) The main irritating part about this is that it's kind of tricky to suck the ointment into the syringe (you get good at it with practice however). Once it's in there, applying it inside the anal canal is a breeze though.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby StevePain » 13 Nov 2010, 13:24

I lube up with Vaseline first then wipe the finger and apply the Nitro (2.5cm line) along the finger and insert up to the knuckle using a rotating action to make sure all the surrounding area is covered, is painful sometimes due to the surgery sites but is bearable, I also do the same with Diltiazem since applying on the outside of the anus only irritates the skin.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45