Manuka Honey Home Remedy

Anal Fissure - Manuka Honey

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Manuka Honey Home Remedy

Postby Rattlehead613 » 04 Nov 2015, 10:38

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

As someone who has suffered for many years with chronic anal fissures, I am grateful to have finally stumbled upon this support group and forum.

I wanted to share a home remedy that I found to not only be soothing and comforting during the periods when the anal fissures flares up, but which also has the added benefit of magically reducing the size and discomfort of a fissure to almost nothing - manuka honey!!!!

Some of you may be scratching your heads and saying that there is no way that manuka honey can be a natural home remedy, and others of you may be truly wondering if this all-natural elixir which is known for curing coughs, sore throats, colds or other ailments can also be used for the fissures - the answer is yes, yes and yes!!!!

It all started when I came down w a terrible cold/cough a few months ago and a close friend recommended to me that I take 2 heaping tablespoons of manuka honey a few times a day until the cold symptoms resolve themselves....I was a non believer at first that manuka honey would resolve my cough/cold, but sure enough my cough/cold went away within less than 36 hours due to the natural pro-biotic healing elements of the honey....

Anyways, to make a long (and mildly embarrassing story short), my anal fissures flared up about a week after my cold and the discomfort was just unbearable....I didn't know what to do...and then it hit me that maybe the healing elements of the manuka honey could also help pacify the discomfort and possibly heal the fissures once and for all.

So, I went to the fridge and got the manuka honey....yes, it is kind of expensive, but trust me, after you try this technique a few times you will see that it is worth every penny of the cost of the honey....

Anyways, I took the honey out of the refrigerator and then measured out 2 heaping table spoons....I think took my index and middle finger and applied the honey generously all of the anal fissure and entire anal region.

It was cold and a little awkward at first (especially when I walked and felt the creamy and stickyness between my butt cheeks) (imagine a destine creamy type of feeling, just a little more sticky), but within 10 minutes the immediate pain started to cool down and subside.....moreover, I found that if I kept reapplying the same amount of manuka honey (2 heaping tablespoons) every 6-8 hours for about a 24-36 hour period, the fissure slowly disappeared and shrunk back in size, at least until the next flare up....

One warning, when you have to go to the bathroom and wipe yourself it can get a little sticky and icky down there, especially with the toilet paper sticking and then ripping to shreds when you wipe...but I will save you the details and let you experience it on your w own....just plan on spending a few extra minutes in the bathroom cleaning yourself off and then reapplying the honey, if necessary - you will survive. ....like I said, I will let you discover this one little setback on your own....my advice: don't get frustrated or give up or even get grossed out by the idea of applying the manuka honey onto and into the anal canal - it is 100% safe.....just reapply the honey after going to the bathroom and move on with your day...you will be fine and it WILL sooth and solve the problem.

Anyways, that is my story and I have been sticking to this method for the last few months any and every time I have a flare-up.

The bottom line is that the manuka honey has saved me and allowed me to function again without ongoing discomfort....it works!!! Natures all-natural healing elixir....it has changed my life.

Just make sure that it is cold (I find that straight out of the the refrigerator is better than room temperature) and that you apply a healthy amount (2 heaping tablespoons) with your fingers, as suggested above....

Please let me know your experiences....I am curious if anyone else out there also found this home remedy as effective and amazing as I did - and still do, when needed....it works!!!

It is crazy I know...but it works....if you feel that it isn't working or soothing the pain just either put some more (just glob it in there and all over the place - nice and thick coating) and chill it to a nice cool temperature (I find the temperature is just as important as the amount) for maximum soothing relief.

Good luck and let me know...

You will thank me later..
Last edited by Rattlehead613 on 04 Nov 2015, 18:17, edited 2 times in total.
Rattlehead613
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Menuca Honey Home Remedy

Postby Savaici » 04 Nov 2015, 13:46

:rainbow: Yes, lots of people use Manuka honey on here (over 230 posts about it!!!), but always good to hear when it works for someone. I got the actual NZ high grade one, and though I landed up not using it on my rear, it was delicious on a teaspoon by mouth.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Menuca Honey Home Remedy

Postby Rattlehead613 » 04 Nov 2015, 14:09

Yes - the high grade is what i also used...

But, I kid you not that I did not take it orally...I only took it orally when I had the cold/cough (and yes it was fast acting)....I used it on the anal fissure...I literally smeared it all over my rear (a big clumpy drippy heavy coating of it) and although it was a little squishy and awkward at first, the pain and the fissure just went away 1-2-3....give it a try...i know it seems nuts, but it REALLY worked!!!

Let me know how it goes...

For the record, I would take the sticky and squishy feeling over the pain and discomfort any day....(just saying)...

Have any other posters/readers tried this home remedy elixir yet? please let me know...
Rattlehead613
Fibre Addict

Re: Manuka Honey Home Remedy

Postby Savaici » 04 Nov 2015, 22:22

Here's both: topic first, and then posts with Manuka in the body of the post:

search.php?keywords=Manuka&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

search.php?keywords=Manuka&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Problem for me was that it irritated my skin, but many others had success with it.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Rattlehead613 » 05 Nov 2015, 09:20

I'm sorry that your skin reacted to the honey..I haven't found it to irritate my skin at all....if anything, it made my skin smoother and softer...

Anyone else try this home remedy? Please share your experiences. ....all the best.....
Rattlehead613
Fibre Addict

Postby Rattlehead613 » 06 Nov 2015, 15:28

As a quick follow-up....I don't want to scare anyone away from this amazing home remedy, just because I was extreme and applied a healthy amount of the honey onto the anal region - I just found that this is what worked for me...to each his own...

Some of you may to apply a smaller amount (as needed), and then utilize a gauze pad or cosmetic pad over the honey so that the Manuka stays in place to do its job and is less sticky for you...just a thought...

it goes without saying that when attempting this home remedy, you should stay away from sitting on any grass as it may attract bees and/or ants....basically, stay indoors...good luck...

let me hear how it works out for you...
Rattlehead613
Fibre Addict

Postby Cupcake » 06 Nov 2015, 15:32

Is this an advertisement for this particular Manuka Honey?
Cupcake
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby Rattlehead613 » 06 Nov 2015, 16:03

ummm....no....i don't work for a honey company or have any affiliation to anyone who sells or manufacturers honey - I just posted the name of the honey since the other comment above said that the honey he/she used irritated their skin....the honey i used above didn't irritate at all...good luck...
Rattlehead613
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 06 Nov 2015, 20:53

I think we have just about talked this subject to the point where it seems to be advertising, RH. I gave you a link to the many posts on here (over 300) for people who have used the honey and had success with it. We all know about it. Feel free to enter into other conversations, but this one is now closed.
Savaici
Administrator