metamucil or benefibre????

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

metamucil or benefibre????

Postby New mum » 29 May 2011, 18:58

I have been taking metamucil since this dam thing has started 15months ago but i am getting over the whole gas issue that metamucil gives me. Does anyone thing that benafibre is better or another fibre sup drink would work better????
cheers
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: metamucil or benefibre????

Postby Guest » 30 May 2011, 21:34

Hey New mum, I only took metamucil early during my fissure days and eventually just stopped taking any fiber supplements at all. I just eat fiber. I wish I could help you but it really does vary from person to person on what works the best...Image
I've started eating the fiber one bars recently and have had really good results with the bm's. They have 9gs of fiber which really help with the fiber consumption.
I've read of a few people on here taking benefiber and having good results... I think the only way to know is take the plunge and give it a try which I know can be scary....

Re: metamucil or benefibre????

Postby mbpaul » 31 May 2011, 07:17

Hi New Mum:
My CRS told me that as far as he was concerned all fibre supplements were created equal. He takes the store brand daily (not for AF but because, he says, they help lower cholesterol).
I take the store brands, and rotate the different flavours.
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3