Milk as a laxative?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Milk as a laxative?

Postby 'CuseGal » 08 Jul 2016, 06:49

I am lactose intolerant. So milk gives me diarrhea sometimes badly. As well as terrible stomach cramps. Unfortunately, drinking milk seems to be the only thing that softens my stool enough to not hurt coming out. It's an easy choice because aggravating my fissure is 100 times worse than diarrhea and abdominal cramps. But it's hard to get through the day when you're sick to your stomach for a good chunk of it. Not to mention I can't help but wonder if I'm doing other damage to my digestive system continuing to drink milk despite my lactose intolerance.

Anyone else gone this route? Does it ever get better? I'm hoping if I put up with the loose bowel movements long enough it will give the fissure time to heal, but the pain and blood every time I do have a harder bowel movement tells me I'm still not there and it's been over 5 months now.

Also - for the other ladies out there - does your problem with hard bowel movements seem to get worse when it's that time of the month?
'CuseGal
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Milk as a laxative?

Postby pinpin » 27 Jul 2016, 00:44

Well, not a lady, but reading a lot of posts on this forum I can relate to what you are saying. Ladies confirm it changes during "that time" of the month
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good