miralax

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: miralax

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2007, 18:14

You're welcome!

Postby SunshineHope » 01 Oct 2007, 02:18

I swear by Miralax, it has helped me a lot, even though my fissure still isn't healed, that's probably because I wasn't steady with my Miralax doses and cheated here and there by eating silly food. Miralax has really helped me have smooth and painless BMs in the midst of a very abnormal bum. I don't know how a normal bum is supposed to look or feel really, but I know mine is abnormal. I have 2 skin tags and at least 2 fissures, maybe even hemmies, I don't know and my doctors haven't been that great at guiding me, but still, Miralax has really helped with everything.
I rarely take the full dose - only if I ate lots of pizza or something. Even then though, I usually take 3/4 and it helps a lot. With Metemucil, the stool can get very bulky and even painful to pass.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby happyass » 08 Oct 2007, 18:33

i saw my first miralax commerical on tv today. it was all women.
is this supposed to be for women only or can men take it?
i have yet to see an all men commercial talking about how irregular they are or how hard it is to pass a dry stool! LOL! it would have to probably have a very masculine product name like SHITBOMB or CRAPFAST to market it to men.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 17 Oct 2007, 03:33

Hahahhaha! Lol @ Gareth's comment. What can we say about the wacky Western media? I agree, the gender roles are a little too strict! Don't worry Gareth, as much as media wants to confuse us, our internal bodily structures are basically the same Image:P
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38