miralax

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

miralax

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2007, 11:38

My CRS told me yesterday not to use Miralax, that it can cause diarrhea. He said the best thing was metamucil. Oh well, back to the yucky orange I guess

Re: miralax

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2007, 11:59

That's too bad. I use miralax almost everyday. I don't take a full dose because that does cause diarrhea for me.

Postby Guest » 14 Sep 2007, 12:04

I didn't think about using half a dose..........thanks Lecia:)

Postby buttgirl » 14 Sep 2007, 15:50

Also, you may want to try a methcellulose fiber rather than a grain based one. The cellulose works better for me--it is less scratchy--and it can come in capsule form. Also, I found that taking the fiber, in addition to helping to keep poo soft, helps to prevent diarreha because it absorbes excess liquid.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 21 Sep 2007, 06:29

I am surprised they told you not to use it but I can see their point to. For me it makes me really uncomfortable and gassy and I can't be that way at work for obvious reasons. Plus I think it is irritating for me because I will have to go a lot when it does actually work..I have decided to just go back to taking nothing hopefully it will be ok!

Postby fissure101 » 27 Sep 2007, 21:30

i've been taking miralax regularly without any problem. i usually take about 3/4 of the recommended dose.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 28 Sep 2007, 07:34

Yes, I call Miralax, the "Miracle Laxative!" :lol!:

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2007, 06:42

Just started Miralax 2 days ago and nothing. I'm using 3/4 of the dosage. How long does it normally take to have effect?

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2007, 17:18

I think the bottle says it can take a few days, but for me I usually notice something the next day. Can you take the full dose and see if that makes the difference, maybe?

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2007, 17:26

Thanks, Lecia.