My 6 keys to beating anal fissures

After dealing with anal fissures for 7 years, I'm free

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My 6 keys to beating anal fissures

Postby tightbutt5678 » 22 May 2019, 18:06

Hi timj85!

Thanks for sharing your story! I am an Aussie too - 31 year old female. I am currently living in Spain but am considering flying home to oz to get fissurectomy with botox if I cannot heal my fissure in the next few weeks. I have had mine for almost 4 months but the pain is only mild these days and spasms have reduced. Hoping it is healing but if not, would you be able to tell me the name of your surgeon and clinic in Melbourne? I am from Adelaide but am happy to do it in Melbs as my sister lives there.

Thanks a million :)
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby timj85 » 23 May 2019, 00:08

Hey tightbutt,

I saw Mr Richard Brouwer. He is great. He has a clinic in Heidelberg and one in East Melbourne. He put me on the waiting list for public, which only took a couple of months. So had the surgery for free (thanks Medicare!). I’m sure you could go with him privately if you wanted.

Remember to keep smashing the water and keep a balanced diet. I also strongly recommend the ointment if you haven’t already tried it. It saved me from another surgery.

Good luck!
timj85

Topics: 1

Postby tightbutt5678 » 23 May 2019, 04:22

Thanks so much for the reference! I am guessing this is him:

http://www.austin.org.au/Richard_Brouwer/

So far I am on day 2 of having a BM with only slight discomfort/pain level 1. No spasms at all yesterday which was incredible! Couldn't contain my happiness! These last 3 months have been horrendous and depressing so I hope I am on the right path.

I have also been using rectogesic but very recently got some of that ointment! Or something similar at least. How did you apply it? Inside or just outside? How often did you apply it? I think it may have contributed to the zero spasms yesterday... no idea but crossing fingers. :)
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17