My Botox is done!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

My Botox is done!

Postby Guest » 06 Aug 2007, 14:52

Hello,
I had my botox shot today. I left at 4:30am for the hospital. I did my enema but nothing really came out i wasn't ready for a BM yet. BUT no pain in fact I was pretty good for the past two days. When I got to the hospital I was relaxed can you believe it? I had no anxiety. The nurse came me warm blankets and I was all snug waiting. The doctor said it would only take 10min. and it did according to the staff. My CRS said the fissure is already partially healed and he thinks this shot will help it right along just keep doing what I am doing with the diet, creams and baths. He had to do this at the hospital because insurance won't cover it done in the office.
Its now 4:45pm. I have had a little discomfort, but I took Advil and I took a warm bath. I had a BM too no bleeding and little pain. So we will see what happeens over the next few days. I will keep you posted.
Thanks to everyone for all your support listening to me whine and cry. and freak out. Thanks buttgirl cause you were my inspiration. I hope everyone is well.
Patty

Re: My Botox is done!

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 06 Aug 2007, 15:04

That's great news, Patty!! Sounds very promising! Definitely keep us all posted.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Cinderella » 07 Aug 2007, 01:59

Sounds very good and promising! After two days I started to feel the difference and the spasms were almost gone.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby happyass » 07 Aug 2007, 05:51

that's wonderful news patty.
i hope that you feel the positive improvements over the week.
and thank you God for taking care of Patty and allowing her to be at ease and in your hands.
now on with your path to healing patty!!!!
happy tuesday!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2007, 08:21

Wonderful news, Patty! I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and am so happy to hear that you did great and you weren't scared at all. We knew you could do it!!!!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2007, 09:16

Hello,
Well it is Wednesday. The morning was so-so for me I had to get in the tub 2x because I had 2BMs this morning. I am still in some pain but not half as much as I used to be. It still hurts (aches) and I sat in the tub for an hour. I am not confortable yet to leave the house fearing a BM or pain. I am not sure if the shot is working yet. I had pain yesterday morning and this morning. So I will keep you guys posted. Hopefully it gets better as the week goes on. Thanks.
Patty

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2007, 10:54

I think the pain will take a little bit to notice for sure how much an improvement the botox has made maybe? But it sounds like it is better than it was. And you have to keep in mind that the fissure isn't healed-it still needs 6-8 weeks to heal. Things will look up and already are!

Postby Cinderella » 08 Aug 2007, 12:48

I was told that the affect starts two days after the shots and the maximum affect will be reached after six weeks and then it will slowly go away.
I am glad to hear that you have had less pain.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby happyass » 08 Aug 2007, 14:50

keep your cheeks up patty!
both your bum cheeks and your smiley cheeks!
hehehehehehe......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Aug 2007, 16:14

I just got home from a five day trip, so I am late in congratulating you, Patty! I am so happy for you and pray that you feel better and better everyday!!! Please keep us posted!!!
Way to go!!!! Image Image
Deleted User 5