My Break through with stubburn fissures and fistulas

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My Break through with stubburn fissures and fistulas

Postby bherna1 » 07 Feb 2010, 20:29

I have been suffering from 6 and 12 position fissures for the past three or more long years. I went through two major surgeries no luck. Every time they went in they found a lot of inflammation and the fissures wouldn’t close up they would just reopen. I went to a wound clinic for a year to apply this acid base to close the wounds. No luck. Finally I meet the top surgeon rated in World News Report in the USA and his name is Dr. Philip Huber Jr. He is in Dallas at Medical City and he teamed up with Dr. Lacey at Baylor a head of internal medicine and both Docs are professors at Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. Both of them saw my fissures and open fistulas and never saw a case of so much damage and pain anyone had to endure. I was at a point where I had enough and my wife and family had enough. They both put their heads together and said even you don’t test for Chrons but it looks like Chrons. Both have major experience with Chrons and well respected in their field. They put me on an autoimmune suppressant drug Amuran azathioprine and told me you have a 18 percent chance it would work and 6 weeks for the med to kick in to start working. The good news is my body accepted the drug in 3 weeks and starting healing. This past Friday all my external and internal fissures are gone except one small one the size of a match head. They both said they never saw anyone metabolize the drug that quick and fissures and fistulas heal in that short amount of time. They both said it was a miracle.
Now the bummer. My wife has checked out emotionally and said she is unhappy. I know its something know one wants to hear or talk about. I have been saved and now this. Since the 3 year void left me removed from my family due to pain and what have you.
I wanted to spread the news about this drug and tell others don’t let surgeons tell you to keep hacking away at inflamed tissue when you don’t need to. Mine were deep and a drug cured them. You have to find a doctor that is willing to give you the drug.
Wish me luck in the family department and let me know if you have any questions
B
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: My Break through with stubburn fissures and fistulas

Postby cherylk » 07 Feb 2010, 22:20

B,
Good to hear. So, did they decide you have Crohn's or not? My son takes that drug for his Crohn's. Hope your family situation can get resolved satisfactorily.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby bherna1 » 07 Feb 2010, 22:43

i tested 4 times negative even though there was inflamtion present for more than a year. These docs here i am talking about said Chrons is hard to detict on a test and they go by site and symptoms. They seen cases like this since 1977 and cured them by this drug to close them. The said fissures go hand in hand with Chrons.
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Feb 2010, 23:14

I am so glad to hear you found the answer to your problem finally, dear Bernard !!!
I absolutely agree - anybody with non-healing fissures , especially if there are multiple sites involved and if they look like ulcers and not just cuts - should definitely try strong anti- inflammatory medications because chronic inflammation is the most probable cause of such fissures !!!! Formation of fistula is also a big warning sign for Crohn Image
I am so sorry to hear that you have family problems though Image Image Image , and I hope it will resolve with some family canceling !
Wishing you the best of luck and may you stay healed forever !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby bherna1 » 07 Feb 2010, 23:18

Here is the log of who took the drug Amuran and the outcomes. Like with all meds some didnt have the same experience i had see link below
http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=16324&name=imuran
B
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Feb 2010, 23:23

Oh, of course dear Bernard - everybody is different : ) !!!
But there is a bunch of different meds for Crohns also - so people should try and try until they find one that helps them !
Thanks for sharing your experience and info - I am sure it will help many on this forum : ))
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby lars » 08 Feb 2010, 13:01

That is great Bernard.
How are your symptomes now? Are you free from pain and discomfort?
Sorry about the family issue but now that you are healty again they will see the real you. I hope it resolves. Thanks for the info :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Feb 2010, 15:02

That is wonderful news Bernard. I am so delighted that at last you have found the answer. I wish Juney could read this post by you, it may be something she could investigate.
I will be praying that your family life comes around, too.
What a mixed blessing, indeed! :) :( Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Feb 2010, 18:43

I will be praying that your family life comes around, too.

I will be praying too : ((( - it is "in sickness and in health " promise , after all ...... And girls need their daddy so much :(, I really hope you will get reconciled very fast .
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby bherna1 » 08 Feb 2010, 22:16

Lars,.
I am free of pain, inflamation etc. All is left is a small openning the size of a match head. I will take that over large deep wounds,..fissures and inflammation. Please feel free to look into this. i remember reading your posts and it seemed we had the same type of inflamation this caused these problems.
Thanks to all for you comments on my family. Hopefully counceling can dig us out and put us back together. Problem was didnt see the right docs who knew about this condition. These were top research docs in my region that solved this problem. They said when i came in they never seen such a train wreck down there since 1979. They wanted to remove my anus and put on a bag but said lets not do this until we try this drug. This drug did wonders my man.
Take care brother
B
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist