My CRS appt today.. I maybe be next for botox...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My CRS appt today.. I maybe be next for botox...

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 16:26

Hello,
I saw my CRS and he looked at my fissure and he said it looked pretty irritated. This is the first time he did a rectal and scope on me. I am in no pain at all. It did not hurt. I took Adavan before my appt. This is the first time he has seen it so he wants me to come back in a month and keep doing what I am doing especially with the fiber. I go back Aug 22 and he said my next step will be Botox. He does it out patient at the hospital and your are put out. He said he has had alot of people that have had success with this. Then LIS is the last straw. I just want to keep you posted on my appt.
Patty

Re: My CRS appt today.. I maybe be next for botox...

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 16:33

I am sorry the fissure looks so irritated but I am glad he has given you some options-that is great. Did he have any suggestions about handling work and if he could talk to your employer?
What did he say to do about the pain and how much of a struggle you have in the mornings?
Glad the exam wasn't painful.
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 17:27

Glad to hear the exam went well. The botox did wonders for me, but my CRS did stress that it often does not have that effect for people. I read in a medical study comparing botox to nitro, that botox was slightly more effective, but that the combination of both helped about 70% of the patients in the study heal in about 4 weeks. Also, pain-wise, you probably won't even notice that anything extra was done if you get the Botox.... until the sphincter starts to relax, that is. Mine was done sort of impromptu in the drs office with no numbing and I walked out and drove home 5 mins later. It pricked a little, but was *nothing* compared to pooing everyday.

Perhapd you could try some Desitin for the irritation. That works well for me. So does Vit E oil.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby SunshineHope » 18 Jul 2007, 18:29

You guys are making me consider botox over surgery! Hmm.. My doc said the same thing, about botox being the first option and surgery being the last straw. I could do either though, I just have to decide. My itch has gotten better and this period passed by much better than the last (no retear). I just have to wait til my appt. on the 31st and decide :S.
Patty I hope things get better for you and that you find relief with this. I'm glad your exam went well - that can be a fear for many. I can't remember if you were using diltiazem or nitro, but I like buttgirl's suggestion. Just have to keep trying to do whatever works...
take care.
xo
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 18:33

Love your avatar, Sunshine.
You go girl! Image

I had Botox

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 20:45

I had 2 rounds of botox...Feb 07 and Apr 07. I just had my last appt with the crs last week, and the fissure is healed over. I had it done 2 times, I also had a butt load of work done. Fistula fixed, Hemmys fixed, and finally fissure fixed. Glad I am almost done. Later. Bill