My LIS+fissurectomy thread

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: My LIS+fissurectomy thread

Postby Emm123 » 31 May 2012, 21:25

So an update. Tomorrow would be 5 weeks since my operation.
for the past week right now I'd say its the worst. Probably since the past two weeks.
I figure this is because of all the stress I'm getting lately.. sigh.
Just now I had a BM which was alright but now after my sitz I got some serious pain I believe from the fissure. Sigh. Image
I'm lying down now though. I guess its not my week this week. God willing I pray this thing is healed soon :-(
I also ate some somewhat bad food. Salad, grilled lamb and some fries, with a bit of greens. I also ate my lunch "late" @ near 6pm vs 3pm. (I get up before midday). And lunch was a sandwich. But with all my meals I drink a serving of benefiber too.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Emm123 » 02 Jun 2012, 00:44

Another update.
Right now I have zero pain.... thank you God !!!
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby Emm123 » 09 Jun 2012, 14:16

Another update. Had bleeding yesterday. Just a bit of spotting. My stress levels are elevated as well.
I'm having pain in the area. Not really bad but I thinks its the incision site more than anything. Sigh. When will this crap be over Image
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 09 Jun 2012, 14:46

Wow Emm, I'm so sorry I totally missed your last 2 posts Image . Don't know how I overlooked them.
Has the bleeding been a continuous thing, or just kind of off and on? I know the pain can linger, not always steadily, but enough to nag you every now and again Image . I had recently seen Davo's update about him saying still, every now and then, he gets a sort of sensation in that area....and his fissure has been healed for quite a while now. So, that incision site can remain sore or just somewhat nagging, but manageable, for some period of time. It can just be a drawn out process...but remember it is a healing one. Image
And what is this I read about your stress levels being
elevated?!?! Image Didn't we have this discussion already young man?!? Image Remember what your Aunt told you....do anything to get them down...just breathe, read, chill with your girlfried, phone a friend, watch some tv...whatever it takes, please Image .
I continue to pray for your healing and successful recovery...and will keep a better eye out for your updates Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Emm123 » 10 Jun 2012, 22:59

Haha thanks so much aunty :-P and its alright. I'm glad you are looking out for me.
The stress is sort of how I am sadly but it normally subsides in a few days then I go into a carefree mood. I really don't know what to do about the stress tho, nothing seems to work, I try umm... p... (yea I'm not going to be too open to say that but u can guess) but that's not healthy and I don't think I should because it could cause a spasm, I'm not sure about that either..
How have you been tho?
Ahh thanks for that extra info. I read in the LIS info thread that it takes up to a year to heal.
The bleeding happened only one time. That time thank God, but it happens rarely. Last time it bled was over a week. N its more spotting.
I come bearing shitty news. Literally. I don't know what caused this but I got a gripe. Not sure if its the higher fiber I had from a combination of steamed okra, split peas and spinach but I got a super watery BM and omg the spasm that ensued.... plus I had guests over so that worsened the spasm as I had to sit a lot..
All now it sort of hurts, burn really. I'm sort of fed up right now. I'm at the point where I realize God wants to show me something and I'm not seeing it.. I'm on my 6th week now. I should be healed but right now it feels worse than pre surgery.
I'm trying to do physical activity as well but that clearly isn't working out either... I'm trying my best to eat good food and try to sit a bit to get back accustomed but its like I'm just not healing... sigh.
Sorry for the depressed post I just wanted to get it out.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 11 Jun 2012, 19:59

Oh Emm, I'm sorry the roller-coaster is continuing on for this period of time :( I certainly wish that with recovery, for each of us, came a date that was "etched in stone" when it would finally end....so we could see the light at the end of this tunnel more clearly. I know the longer it takes the more frustrating it is. So I understand, at least in part, that this is contributing to your stress. I'm sad that you're not where you hoped you'd be yet...and I pray that things will begin to ease up on a more steady basis for you..and that your healing moves along in a continuous positive direction..real, real soon Image
Aside from the health issue, if the "p" helps you relax, as long as your responsible, I don't see anything wrong with it for now...not long term though. But if perhaps you think it is causing spasms..or notice that things seem worse rather than better...then maybe you should re-think it.
When was the last time you were examined by your crs or when is your next visit?
We all need to let go of the frustration Emm, and this is clearly the forum to do it...so no need for apologies ..it's safe here. Image
Keeping you close in my heart and sending healing thoughts and prayers Image

Angel Image

44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Emm123 » 11 Jun 2012, 22:05

Aunty you wouldn't believe what just gave me some relief. I ended up shaving the area, I apparently grow a lot of hair down their, and boom! The silly weird feeling went.. I'm accustomed to doing so but I didn't since the operation and I think that was causing irritation.. who would've thought.
Plus today as well, its so weird I got another watery BM sigh. So I'm drinking a bit less and cutting down on the fiber. I cut off my benefiber as well as I want to wean myself of it plus I'm eating whole wheat bread too.
I can't wait for the day I'd see you post saying you're healed. I know one day it will be soon for both of us God willing! I thank you immensely for all your support. Believe me if its only just coming here to read your motivation, that's enough for me.
Tonight Thank God its getting much better as the pain isn't bad at all. I feel that extra hair caused some spasm or something.
I don't know if you saw my post about spasms and dizziness, but u ever had that issue? I think for me its stress that causes that but I notice I have a spasm if I get dizzy.
About the p... I'm actually trying to cut it off completely but that's failing lol. So I'm slowly weaning it off. It really does have an effect on you and you don't realize it until a while down the road!
I'm so happy tonight I'm feeling much more positive. Thank God. I'm glad I can reply to you and give you some hope too Image
Take care. (Inserts cool emoticon here for u, I'm trying but it loads only lame ones :-( )
PS how is yours tho? Seeing the light?
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby 44alegna44 » 12 Jun 2012, 20:57

Thanx for sharing the good news :D . I sure hope shaving does prove to be successful in offering you relief from the discomfort...and yeah, who'd of thunk it? But, I have to be honest and say it sounds scary as all hell Image to be putting a razor anywhere close to that area...so please be oh soooo careful when doing this. Image
I have no knowledge of any correlation between spasms and dizziness. But, you should know me enough by now to understand that my instinct says stress could be the l'il devil lurking behind that symptom as well. Sorry, I can't be of more help with this issue, but dizziness is a symptom I haven 't experienced Image .
I can tell you what helped me 100%, just in the last 4 days, with my bm's...the brown rice tip I got from Bill Ultra and many others around the tips page. For reasons I couldn't figure out, since I had made no changes to my dietary/supplement regimen, my stools were just coming out real soft...too soft for comfort...so I added a 1/2 cup of brown rice with olive oil to my dinner. My bm's went right back to the"toothpaste" consistency we desire. If you haven't tried the brown rice yet, I hope you'll give it a shot...it was a quick fix for me, and one that I plan to continue Image .
As for me, still no changes with how I feel. I'd say 70% of the time I feel ok. Ok meaning I know my fissures there, like just a feeling I have, but I'm able to go about most any task just fine. Then there's the 30% of the time that I'm in discomfort. Discomfort meaning a tightness in the anal area, I'm assuming a spasm, but no other symptoms come along with that. It is simply a very tight clenching going on. When this occurs, I can still manage through whatever I need to do, but if I take 3 advil the discomfort subsides immensely. I try to only take the ibuprofen if I need to go out of the house though. When I'm home, I get through without it, because I kinda like to be in control of the discomfort. This way I can guage the discomfort...I want to know what level it gets to...you know what I mean? I'm still waiting for this thing to take a turn for the better or worse, so that's why I do the best I can to avoid any pain relievers...I want to be aware if the pain escolates beyond where it has been up until now. So, I'm still stuck in the same place...thankfully in a whole lot better place than I was with my first fissure, before surgery. But, I sure wish I'd get a break and have the miracle of healing grace me and allow me to avoid the 2nd surgery. I do feel discouraged, as I have passed the 8 week mark since my diagnosis of the new fissure, so this one has now become chronic and my chances of it healing on its own, I guess, have diminished. I don't know what's up with my body and its resistance to healing these things...especially since I've had a surgery already. It is frustrating, but I consider a 2nd surgery my "ace in the hole" and at least I know that options out there for me again, if this thing gets worse, or I've just gotten fed up with waiting for a change Image .
I hope you experienced more comfort today Emm...and may tomorrow be even better!!! Image
Keeping you in my thoughts,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Emm123 » 16 Jun 2012, 09:12

Lol! I'm used to shaving those areas plus its my old Mach 3 blade so its really nice. Only now the stubble is being a meanie. :-(
Oh and the Dr says to check him if I have any issues because I had a 4th week one but I went in on the 3rd week when I had the irritation.
Sweet! I keep forgetting to get it but I'm sort of balancing my BM. Like if I'm stressed or eat weird I think I'll have 2 BMs a day. But some days I only have one and even that 1 is OK too. I actually rather 1 because it feels at a better consistency.
The tightness=spasm? U sure? I thought infrequent tightness was the skin healing and pulling along. Hmm.
I wonder also if the random sensation I get is a spasm. Its like burning but not as bad.
So this second AF right, that happened because of your bout of diarrhea right? And what side was it?
I'm asking because my right side feels weird lol. My LIS was on the left.
I'm really hoping and praying that one day we both get relief. I think I'm slowly getting there. Just gotta have faith I guess but so true. Stress is a b***h.
I also had to take shots so my arms are hurting a lil bit hehe.
I'm so glad now tho that passing gas is pain free and sneezing is like 5% at Max pain now.
What's still grr is that I'm still leaking gas haha. Worst is if I holding up gas and I have to laugh, if I laugh, that gas will be shot out! Hahaha. And I'm still having a tad bit of discharge. But I'd say things aren't bad at all since BMs don't really hurt and there is no blood. I still do two sitz a day with much less salt.
Don't worry aunty. We'll get there soon k! I hope your CRS is a good one and if you have to do surgery I wish u all the best eh.
Emm123
Salt Bather

Postby Emm123 » 02 Jul 2012, 22:01

Just popping by to update...
I started sitting without the cushion and the pain is mostly disappearing. Thank God.
I've noticed that I still have to use benefiber sadly but its helping a lot. I shaved the area again and it helps too!
I noticed that p... (nrop) is bad. I think that causes issues so I'll be staying away from that and hopefully dropping that habit too.
Today I did some strenuous activity and it was great! I felt good too. Woohoo God willing I hope I don't get any issues again
Emm123
Salt Bather