My New Doctor

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My New Doctor

Postby small_flower » 13 Jan 2007, 10:19

Hello, :D
Because I REALLLLLY disliked my other CRS, I went to get a second opinion on my fissure before jumping into surgery.
I went to a completely new practice and saw a new doctor, a dr. V. He was so great! So much more gentle than the other CRS (having your butt literally pulled apart, not even slowly...is the last thing you want to do when you have a fissure i would think Image ) Anyways...
Dr V was so gentle, took the time to explain all my options to me, including what would happen during and after surgery, should I decide that I want it, and answered all of my questions!
I opted to try the nitrglycerine first, but I am not sure if it will do much good because my fissure is chronic, but its worth a shot right? I am a little scared to try it because I have heard about the headaches, and it doesnt sound very pleasant, but...i have also heard that, compared to the pain of a fissure, its nothing. I have to go pick it up at the pharmacy soon, but I just wanted to report that I am SO happy that I decided to get a second opinion.
I have decided that if the nitro doesnt work, then I probably will opt for the surgery with Dr. V, because I feel so much better about it now than I did while talking to the other CRS (what a jackass). Image Even so, if I did get it, I would have to wait until the third week in february, because my students will be on vacation, which means I will be too (I am an education major.) My only fear is, I dont know if I will be able to heal enough in one week. I dont want to overdo it and reopen the fissure....Especially if I'll be chasing little crumb snatchers around all day (first grade!). I guess I'll have to talk to Dr. V about this pre-surgery. My school cant fail me for having surgery right??? :king:
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: My New Doctor

Postby Cheryl » 13 Jan 2007, 15:48

Hey Kate,
This is absolutely wonderful news re: finding a lovely CRS.. im having the feeling they are hard to come by.. eg, good bedside manner, gentle, understanding etc This is excellent!
If Nitro is not successful and you do go thru with the LIS, the dr's are all saying about 1-2 days you should be back on your feet... thats bollocks - these Drs have never had it done so do not really know. My recovery was 1.5 weeks off work, the first few days were sore (a couple of those in my case were 'awfully painful' but this was becasue i was on too many laxatives and my bum ended up burning etc - pls do not make this mistake)
But after someone advised me to stop those lax's and stay with the fibre and softener - i saw immediate improvement.
I would advise no heavy lifting or straining as it can cause fissure not to heal. ( I would advise this for the first 6-8 weeks)
Once I got back to work (sit down job) i was a little tender, but was 95% good to go!
Its now 2.5 mths since my LIS and I am SUPER Image
Heres hoping your on the same path!
Can anyone else give Kate their healing time after the op as she has to go back to work!
Cheryl Image
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22