need advice, think im the only one!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

need advice, think im the only one!

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2007, 09:32

my fissure seems to have healed for now, i havent had any pain or bleeding for a week. my boyfreind has had a look there as hes been helping me apply my cream and he says he cant see it anymore, seems to have healed. thing is i know its not gone for good because it always comes back. i feel like im the only person to have this problem when it goes and then comes back and its been happening so long, since i was a teenager. doctors seem to think nothing of it, but it still bugs me. do you think this is just something il have to put up with for the rest of my life? maybe im just prone to getting these little fissures every now and then? dont know weather or not im worrying about it too much.

Re: need advice, think im the only one!

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2007, 13:35

was thinking actually maybe fissures can look like they are healed but still be there? does anyone know? could there just be a weakness in the skin in that area?

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2007, 18:24

Has your boyfriend seen what and where the fissure was before so he can compare and see if it has healed? Have you been able to see a difference?

It may be possible that you have pain from something else. Or you could be that the nerves down there are still signaling pain since they have for so long.

No, I really don't think you will have to deal with this the rest of your life. But it may require more intervention at some point. But you have been through so much if it were to come to that you will be able to handle it!

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2007, 04:14

yeah hes seen the fissure pleanty of times before. said it looked like a small cut or sometimes a hole like a worn away bit of skin just a little on the outside. but now it looks like its healed and theres just a deep fold of skin there. i can feel the difference as when it was bad the area around it was inflamed but now it seems fine, just a skin tag near it.
im just worried that if i have tis problem now, what will it be like if i have kids or get old. il probably need a colostomy bag!

Postby Guest » 12 Nov 2007, 08:50

It sounds exactly like a skintag. I put aloe vera on mine and it seems to help soften it up. Plus keeping the stools soft and regular helps too.

I know-I worry about aging and menopause at my age because of my butt problems so I can understand where you are coming from. But I think if you wait at least a year after you are healed from the fissure to start a family I doubt you will have problems.

Postby Bliss » 13 Nov 2007, 12:01

I've been suffering from AF since childhood, once every couple of years. Usually it's just the glass cutting pain with BMs & its cleared up by itself after a couple of weeks. But this time 1 got 2 (ouch!) loads of blood & really bad spasms which lasted 24hrs. I've been using GTN for nearly weeks - stopped blood & BM pain within 4 days but I'm still getting spasms that are only mild & last a couple of hours.
I think if you're like me these AFs seem to heal up but there must be weak scar tissue left which can re-tear under bad conditions.
I've decided I'm going to take Fybogel for ever - it seems to work keeping everything soft so hopefully prevent those bad conditions happening.
PS I've had 2 children & although everthing else got strectched it didn't cause any AF problems during pregnancy of birth
Bliss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2007, 16:31

good to know im not alone in having this happen, haha. thought i wa a freak! yeah i gues that area does just stay weak at prone to injury. plus i think i have a problem with wiping to much as im very overly clean person when it comes to personal hygene. my mum has always shouted at me for using too much bog roll, sometimes i even bolck to toilet! i keep wiping even when the area is clean, sometimes it hurts. maybe this could be the reason in prone to getting this damb thing? whats this Fybogel stuff your taking, sound good? i hope i never get anything as bad that would cause me to have these spasms ive read about, they sound horrible!

Postby Fissulyna » 13 Nov 2007, 16:59

I think that positioning of my fissure (anterior) definitely has something to do with my very difficult second labor and that that area was compromised at that pint and just waited for this disaster to happen. I would advise anybody who already has fiss. and is planing to have a baby to ask for cesarean POINT BLANK !!!! My baby was almost 9 pounds ( and I am very small frame), so ACTIVE labor lasted 23 hours and ended by forceps delivery !!!!! Sorry for visuals but my "parts" looked like a hand grenade blew down there !!!! Not only that - baby twisted in the middle of the labor facing "face upward" instead "downward" so the back of her head was pushing so hard on my tail-bone that it FRACTURED!!!
Anyway - all recovered there - miraculously may I add, all shrunk to original size to my astonishment, but I still don't understand why they did not perform C-section on me ???? :( I am almost sure that this fiss. was just waiting to happen because of all of that...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby motherluch » 13 Nov 2007, 17:11

I too had a difficult delivery 11 years ago with my son, with forceps as well. I wish I had a c-section too...that is when many of my problems started with hemorrhoids beyond belief and all kinds of constipation problems becoming way worse. AHHH the glory of childbirth!!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby Guest » 13 Nov 2007, 17:16

ok thats it, if i ever have a baby im getting a cesarean! i know i tortured my mum being born, i was 2 weeks late and they needed to cut her from her vagina to her A-hole, to get me out! needed forceps too which slipped into my skull! i still have the scar. she too has had trouble with hemmeroids ect... my fault maybe these problems run in families?