Need to stay in the Goldilocks zone to heal

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Need to stay in the Goldilocks zone to heal

Postby Kingfish » 19 Jun 2018, 08:45

Hi Guys,

Ok since most of my day is focused on my butt and how it will rule my day I figured I may as well document my own diary here to possibly help others in the same situation.

I am not new to this rodeo as I have had a previous battle with a nasty fissure that consumed about 5 years of my life 10 years ago. It was without a doubt the worst period of my life. The constant daily pain became so unbearable that I avoided socializing, eating foods I loved and almost fell into a depression.

I avoided LIS surgery because of all the negative fearful posts I read online about having possible complications. It took me 5 years of suffering to get to the end of my rope and say F**k it I can't live like this anymore. I booked the LIS surgery and did it. It was the best think I ever did! It was a painless 10 minute procudure done with a numbing shot to the bum. I immediately felt better and the healing from it was quick and painless. If I had know I would have never waiting 5 years to do it. Everything was perfect for the next 10 years until I started to have hard BMs once again and re-tore a new fissure. I was hopeful that after all that I read that the fissure would heal on its own with a little TLK since I already had had the LIS in the past. Unfortunately this has not been the case.

I am now almost 2 year into living with this new fissure and it still has not healed. In fact it seems to be getting more painful as time goes by. Maybe its because of the manipulation and creams and sensitivity but whatever it is it is still there.

My first reaction was to go get another LIS. The first one worked so well that I would not hesitate getting another one now. Unfortunately the Dr's I've been to see not think it would be wise to risk another one. Instead they are suggesting that I once again start with the Nifedipine, Cortisone and or Nitro to see how that works first. If that doesn't work then I graduate to Botox again and finally surgery if all else fails.

At this point I am not happy with wasting time with creams and or Botox as it did nothing for me the first time. I feel resentful that one is forced to suffer like this if there is a possible quick solution that has worked in the past for me. I feel the risk involved with a second LIS would be well worth the possible benefits it would offer.

I know any people have had more than one LIS without complications so I am not loosing hope that I can find a skilled surgeon that would be willing to give it another go on me.

I will keep on using it creams in the meantime but honesty I've seen little relief with them so far.

I will keep you posted on my day to day activity from here on in for anyone interested in following my story.
Nifedipine over 2 months
Hot Sitz Bath
Cortisone cream
Lidocaine cream
Zinc Oxide cream
Coconut Oil
Doctor Butler's Hemorrhoid & Fissure Ointment
Manual Self Dilation
Mirolax
Metamucil
Pro-biotic
Kingfish
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Need to stay in the Goldilocks zone to heal

Postby patience_and_healing » 19 Jun 2018, 12:26

So sorry that you're dealing with a new fissure after all these years of being pain free. Have you asked your doctor if they will refer you for anal manonetry testing? That might determine if a second LIS would be a safe option for you.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Kingfish » 19 Jun 2018, 12:30

That is one of my questions I plan to ask. Did you get tested? What do they do to check this?
Nifedipine over 2 months
Hot Sitz Bath
Cortisone cream
Lidocaine cream
Zinc Oxide cream
Coconut Oil
Manual Self Dilation
Mirolax
Metamucil
Pro-biotic
Kingfish
Salt Bather

Postby Kingfish » 20 Jun 2018, 12:32

Yesterday was not a good day as I had a few rather watery BM's which tend to be more painful afterwards. I came to the conclusion that It was a result of maybe taking to high a dose of probiotics and stool softeners at the same time. I decided to try alternating a day of stool softeners and a day of probiotics to see how things go.

This morning my BM's were less watery but the 2nd one of the day was a little to bulky so it hurt but didn't burn as bad. Last night I applied the Nifedipine and used the dilator while applying it. I left it in for about a minute or two as the dr had suggested. I feel that it does relax the muscles when you do this but you have to be very careful to go supper slow. I sometimes just gently push it in as I take a breath then stop. If it hurts then you need to stop. Let the muscles guide you.

I didn't insert another application of nifedapine this morning as I was late for work but I brought the jar with me so I will try and apply some more this afternoon. I've been meaning to start on the Nitro but I have not yet. My Dr suggested alternating between the Nitro in the morning and the Nifedipine at night if I experienced headaches. I just may do that.
Nifedipine over 2 months
Hot Sitz Bath
Cortisone cream
Lidocaine cream
Zinc Oxide cream
Coconut Oil
Manual Self Dilation
Mirolax
Metamucil
Pro-biotic
Kingfish
Salt Bather

Postby patience_and_healing » 21 Jun 2018, 00:34

Kingfish wrote:That is one of my questions I plan to ask. Did you get tested? What do they do to check this?

One of the doctors I saw wanted to get the test done before trying another round of botox. However the original doctor I saw said she didn't recommend it so I didn't get the test eventually. I don't know the exact procedure but you can easily find it on Google.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40