New here with an AF for the past month and a half

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here with an AF for the past month and a half

Postby lindser31 » 31 Jan 2014, 12:22

Hi all,

I actually stumbled upon this site while looking for Rectiv reviews as my doctor just prescribed it for me. Good to know that there are so many people out there going through the same thing, but I wouldn't wish the pain on anyone.

My pain started about a month and a half ago, maybe two months. I also have Herpes though which attacks the nerves at the end of my spine and results in really painful (I've passed out before) BMs so I initially chucked it up to that. My pills didn't help though. I was afraid to see a doctor so I put it off until this past Wednesday. Got an exam (OUCH!) and a blood draw. He isn't 100% sure it's an AF but is treating it like one, hence the Rectiv. I also have an external and internal hemorrhoid but he told me not to worry about those right now.

This is my first AF. When I have BMs I generally bite down on a towel or sweatshirt because the pain is so bad. Making myself shake seems to help for some reason as well. Just recently started having pain after BMs. I guess in a way it's lucky I had the Herpes pain before this because if I hadn't I think my lack of pain experience would make this even worse than it is.

Glad to see there are people out there who are getting better/are healed! Seems like way too long of a process though :(. Hoping for the best.
lindser31

Topics: 1

Re: New here with an AF for the past month and a half

Postby ButtQueen » 02 Feb 2014, 05:34

Hi Lindser,

Welcome onboard. You have arrived at the right place! Being this your first AF and that too only a one and a half month old, I'd say you have 99% chances of getting it healed quickly. Rectiv is important but so is your diet. You did not mention any of what are you eating, etc. Pay special concentration to keeping your stools soft and easy to pass. This is the most important thing ever. Keep yourself hydrated. Drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. This would keep your stool hydrated as well, resulting in less or zero straining on the toilet.

I wish you best of healing!! It takes patience and time but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Stay positive!
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby lindser31 » 02 Feb 2014, 10:15

Thank you! That's good to know about the healing time with it being my first one and all. I have been drinking a lot of water (since I usually don't drink any) and am going to start using Colace tomorrow. I have a terrible diet but am sensitive to a lot of foods and sadly very picky as well. Hoping the water and stool softener will balance that out, if not I guess I'm finally going to have to make those diet changes I should have made a long time ago. Being optimistic over here for the time being!
lindser31

Topics: 1

Postby ButtQueen » 02 Feb 2014, 11:14

Dietary changes are EXTREMELY important. See what seems to work for you. Munch on some raw vegies to keep your stool loose and easy to pass. Whatever you do, do NOT strain. Hope you heal real quick! :)
ButtQueen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Scientist2516 » 02 Feb 2014, 11:28

Actually, I am not sure if raw veggies are the best for soft stools. You do have to experiment to find out the best diet for you, but you can also do some reading about soluble and insoluble fibre. You don't want to bulk your stools up too much, and fibre can do that.
Keep a food diary where you note what you eat, and what effect it has on your BMs.

You say you have food sensitivities, so it's difficult to suggest foods, but perhaps you could try oatmeal, sweet potatoes and red lentils.

Good luck!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here