Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby mystify » 18 May 2013, 16:38

Well I have battled fissures for to many years to recall...surgeon decided to go ahead with surgery...I tell you thank goodness for this group or I would have went insane..some of the discharge that is released ..my doctor did not prepare me for any discharge...Had surgery Friday Spotted blood yesterday, passing gas and other substances of unknown substance today scary stuff...Seem to have a local area that is very tender. I have always had GI problems IBS ..understanding common problem for IBS cause we get spastic colon with IBS. I have IBS CLASS D AND C . I am a mother and a grandmother with a nest full hard to be pinned down. I am scared to death I have not had a bowel movement yet and terrified to have one I admit...not much I am afraid of but that..grrr. I know there is mention of COlace, Restoralax, I have a very gentle system get stomach upset easily...thank you for this group
mystify

Topics: 1

Re: New Member

Postby Jessjess » 19 May 2013, 00:48

Hi Mystify,
Glad to hear you have had the surgery! It's a big step towards recovery. I had LIS and fissurectomy surgery a few months ago and healed after 3 weeks. The second day was the worst with the pain. In order to counteract the painkillers, I drank a LOT of water, fruits, salads, prunes at night, Miralax, and colace.
Not sure about your IBS, but you should have at lease one BM a day. For the discharge which is normal for a wound to heal, I used Tucks, gauze in between my cheeks, sitz bath after BM, and ice packs to keep swelling down and help ease pain. I tried to keep clean gauze on the area as much as possible. It will soak up any discharge and prevent infection as well as wiping with Tucks and maybe using a blow dryer after sitz bath.
Good luck!
Jessjess
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby mystify » 19 May 2013, 06:36

Thank you Jess Jess I wil get some tux I tried the gauze but did not like the smell and was concerned the wound couldn't breath properly?
mystify

Topics: 1

Postby Jessjess » 19 May 2013, 10:07

Okay. Using the gauze will help but it not necessary. The gauze is meant to breathe though. It will soak up the wetness and allow the area to breathe. Kind of like a pantiliner!
I used it for a few weeks even after there was no oozing. My stitches bothered me if I didn't have gauze between my cheeks!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5