new one?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

new one?

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 09:28

Have any of you had an AF heal only to get a new one in a diffferent spot? It seems my 6 o'clock one is pretty healed, but today I had a raw, burning sensation at the 12 o'clock position and I'm worried I have one there now. What goes? Why do these keep happening?

Re: new one?

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 09:44

Hey Danielle,
It would be unlikely that you got another one unless you noticed scraping and bleeding at all. I know the nerves down there are pretty complex and pain can be referred or the pain sensations can be shared by the nerve endings.
My CRS said that the intestinal system is really one of the more complex, sophisticated organ systems we have. And like Chris was mentioning on another thread there is a strong brain-gut relationship.
Maybe see how you feel after you go to the bathroom tomorrow.
Take Care!
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 09:50

I thought I tore myself a new one and few weeks back; turns out I somehow gave myself a mini-roid. Maybe you did the same. The roid certainly burns and feels chaffed. then again, it might be nothing. I'd wait to see how I felt after then next bm.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 10:05

It burned after I went so I thought maybe I saw a tear down there. Not sure. It all looks pretty inflamed today. If I don't get the right texture of BM i get burning. Too hard burns, too soft burns! I'm so sick of this. I just want to go to the bathroom normally without having to lube up first, lube up after. I'm so, so tired of it all.

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 10:57

There is definitely what looks like a "paper cut" at the 12 o'clock position and if I press tissue on it I get an ever so slight pink on the tissue. I've had these before, but it all makes me nervous. Is this really a fissure or just more of a tear. Is there a difference??

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 11:01

There is a difference between a fissure and a chronic fissure. I have gotten small paper cut tears in the past that healed up fine without any intervention. But one that is deeper that doesn't heal up after 6-8 weeks can be considered chronic.
I can understand your frustration. It is hard to be dictated by the bathroom.
One thing that I take that seems to help is an fiber/acidopholis supplement called Fibermucil. You can get it from www.procapslabs.com. I have also started to take magnesium glycynate since my surgery to help with constipation and it really seems to help. But the fiber/probiotics capsules will keep it from being too loose or too hard.
Hang in there, tomorrow will be better!

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 11:23

I've gotten little tears too. They seem to be a common affliction. Everyone I have talked to about this has had one--they have not all had the chronic one though and sometimes find my pain difficult to understand. The good news is the superficial ones heal up quick, and it you can actually see it, I'm sure it will benefit greatly from the baths. The outside part of my cut healed up months quicker than the inside part, and I attribute this to the soaking. If you are concerned about infection, as I was, you may consider adding a bit of iodized salt to a sitzbath.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 11:42

Lecia, what is magnesium glycynate? Is there a commercial/over the counter name for it?
Thanks,
Merita

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 11:47

Hey Merita,
It is a type of magnesium that is supposed to be a higher more usuable grade. It is available over the counter. You just need to make sure you get the right form of magnesium. There is no particular brand although I use Designs for Health Magnesium Gylcinate Chelate capsules that I got from my SIL who is a Naturopathic doctor.
I checked drugstore.com and they had this type available so it should be fairly easy to get.
Lecia

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 18 Jul 2007, 12:09

Hey, Lecia...did you ever try metamucil? Just curious if Fibermucil works better for some reason...
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21