New Posting Place for QueenofPain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Posting Place for QueenofPain

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2008, 21:30

Couldn't agree more, Lecia. Putting up with shocking pain for 2 weeks has been the best thing I could've done. It wasn't 24 hours a day type of pain. It was during BMs & for the next 8 hours or so. Having a hot salty bath was a definite respite from the pain, so I had 4-5 baths a day. At when things improved, they did so in a hurry.
I had gone through 2 years of this pain, so having surgery didn't really add much to the pain anyway, except for the first 7-8 days.
Also, as Lecia explained above, I had so much more than just a LIS.
Queen, I wish you the best in what ever you decide.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2008, 11:55

Ann, the success of the LIS has nothing to do with how long you've had the fissure, but more with the competency of the surgeon and the viability of the patients sphincter (age and morbid obesity may play a role, too).
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 27 Feb 2008, 14:13

Ann,
I had LIS with fistulotomy and skin tag removal, and it was the best decision I ever made, to get the surgery done. Even though, I didn't really have a choice because I had a fistula, and they dont go away on their own. My fissure was 12 cm long and I am SOOOO relieved that I got the op!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby queenofpain » 28 Feb 2008, 08:08

Hi Lecia, Brett, Kim, and Val,
Thank you so much for your replies. Yeah, from what I had been reading, LIS patients often report that they feel fissure pain is worse than the pain of surgery, and that they get relief right away when the muscle is cut, and spasm is alleviated. I was just concerned that the surgeon might find something else he'll decide to remove, and that will exacerbate things. (I have a tight sphincter, and have had hard bowel movements on and off since the fissure. Thus, the fear that I may be doing more damage to the area.) Wouldn't you know it though, my pain has dissipated the past two days since I stepped up the MOM (3 to 4 TBS at night until the re-tear does more healing), so maybe I will be able to get through March without surgery. I'm so afraid to get off MOM, even though a lot of folks here have been told they can be on it for a lengthy time because it is non-stimulating. I'd rather let my colon function naturally, as I'm sure we all would. I'll say one thing, if I have surgery, I will use MOM liberally afterward! It's the only thing that I have tried that brings sure results. And I thank this board for bringing it to my attention. Thanks again, all.
Queenofpain/AgonyAnn
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby juney » 28 Feb 2008, 10:27

i'm glad MOM is bringing you some relief. I still continue to use it every night, although in the past 2 nights i've cut down to 1/2 tablespoon instead of a full one. This is way below the full adult dose, so i'm hopeful one day i'll stop it completely. For the next couple months though, i won't take any chances without it.
Also - I've read that the longer you have the fissure without healing on its own, the less chance it has to heal without surgery. If you can't get things under control in the next 4 weeks or so I would seriously consider LIS. It can't hurt anyway.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby queenofpain » 28 Feb 2008, 13:50

Hi Juney,
Thanks for writing. When I take MOM, I often think of how you inspired me to try it. I find that it does the same thing for me, as for you. It truly is a miracle drug. I'll probably need surgery eventually because of the tightness of my sphincter. Even after three months of little to no pain, I was amazed at how readily the fissure re-tore (or an aspect of it did) last week. On the other hand, maybe I originally (18 mos. ago) tore it deeply or with length, and it will just take longer (a couple of years even) to truly heal. Again, I had one CRS of the opinion that I was impeding healing by not taking Metamucil or the like (made stools much too hard), and the other who said he never saw anyone with a sphincter as tight as mine who didn't require surgery at some point in life. I feel great today, so I'm hoping I can enjoy March before anything is done. Thanks!
queenofpain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Corsi » 05 Sep 2008, 14:50

Hi Lecia
You have told about the pain/nerve damage you got during childbirth... On Monday there will be a programme on the telly about that (here in Norway). I guess you already know what's to know, but if I watch the show I will know more about what you struggle with.... Image
:truebud: Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18