new to forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

new to forum

Postby smokejumper0902 » 22 Mar 2009, 14:12

New to forum, Glad to see there is a place to talk, and get support. A little about myself, I am a 31 year old male, I have had an issue for about 3 years off and on. In the past year it has gotten worse, I am sure not as bad as some and worse then others. But when you have an anal fissure it's all bad plain and simple!!
I have been given hydrocortsone cream by the Doctor, that worked for a period of time, now it seems back to square one.
The only thing that seems to work for me is a very and I stress high firber diet, and lots of water along with very soft T.P. and moist wipes.
That's all about me, looking forward to helping and being helped here.
smokejumper0902

Topics: 2

Re: new to forum

Postby small_flower » 22 Mar 2009, 15:40

Hey smoke,
Its good that your here. You won't believe how much better it feels to be able to talk about such a "taboo" topic.
Your high fiber diet and water and wipes are the first thing that doctors recommend, but you will find a lot of different ideas and different types of treatment on here. I suggest you start weeding through a lot of the posts here. There is a mountain of useful information and experience.
If I were you, I would see a colorectal surgeon to see what stage your fissure is at. Is it chronic? If it is, you will probably need surgery to correct it. Many people here have had it and they have had great experiences, myself included.
In the meantime, my savior has been magnesium glycinate. It softens everything up and makes going to the bathroom a lot easier and less scary. This, in addition to what you are already doing, might just be enough to heal your fissure. But there are tons of options, like I said. Nifedipine, Botox, surgery, squatting...
So... I am sorry to hear that you have to deal with this at such a young age (i'm 25 next month) but at least you found us. Getting support with something that is so hard to talk about really does help.
Welcome Aboard butt boardie!
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby cherylk » 22 Mar 2009, 16:04

Welcome, smokejumper. Have your tried the diltiazem ointment for several weeks or months???
Last edited by cherylk on 22 Mar 2009, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Mar 2009, 18:21

Welcome aboard SJ. It's hard to gauge how serious (painful) your AF is by your post, but I think I would avoid the hydrocortisone as it will thin your membranes with continued use. It's really not a good frontline conservative measure for AF, and many general practictioners simply donpt seem to be aware of that fact.
I agree that you probably should see a CRS, and yes, after three years your AF is chronic and requires some type of intervention. Your GP can probably prescribe diltiazem or nefedipine as a start, and oyu can begin using it until you see the CRS.
Are you taking hot daily baths? Take as many as you can each day as they bring more blood supply to the fissure site and assist in healing, and also after very soothing if your butt is sore/painful.
Good luck!
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 23 Mar 2009, 03:34

smokejumper0902 wrote: looking forward to helping and being helped here.

Very well said smokejumper!!! That sentence is the key to a smooth running forum...everyone should give and receive advice and support.
Image to fissure heaven! 3 years are a long time, have you thought about LIS?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby pinky » 26 Mar 2009, 09:58

Image you will find lots of advice and support here.Kate and Kim have given good advice already and i wont repeat it again.
do let us know how you are now.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2009, 11:09

Image Smokey !
3 years is a long time Image
What are your thoughts about surgery ?

Postby smokejumper0902 » 02 May 2009, 05:48

I have been having a problem for a few years. It started out as having hard stools assioated with not eating right I am sure. Then I was told due to this I had gotten a anal fissure. I had a lot of soarness and blood streaks on the tp after haveing a bowel movement. I began to dread going to the bathroom. I have gotten the fissure under control, now I have a new problem. At first I thought my anus was leaking fluid, I went to the ER, they e-rayed me and said there was a hard stool in my upper intesten, and I could be having some leakege. I could be on the john for quite some time wiping. But that didn't seam right so, this might sound gross but I smelled the tp, there was no smell to the liquid, it is clear with a very slight yellow brown tint. And due to patting and wiping around the anus became very sore and red. Also below the tailbone near the anus is sore, I am thinking maybe an ingrowen hair? but on the other side of the anus on the ridge of skin or vein that come down from the scrotum looks swollen as well. Ingrowen hair? Yeast infection? Or am I on the wrong track all togther. My family doctor just gives me hydrocortzone cream, and is thinking of sending me to a Dermatologist now. Please help
smokejumper0902

Postby smokejumper0902 » 02 May 2009, 05:58

I do try to take at least 1 bath a day, I use epsom salt and that seems to help greatly. I have stopped using the hydro cream. But this new thing has got me thinking. The Doc said the fissure is healed and feels great for the moment, but the liquid and soreness from patting and wiping is driving me nuts.
smokejumper0902

Postby Guest » 02 May 2009, 09:54

Do you think there is any possibility of fecal impaction? Since they viewed the stool but you aren't passing it? I wonder what it is you are leaking. Does it feel acidic?
I would try just spraying off with warm water after you go so you dont have any friction. It is possible it could be yeast. That burns so bad and can flourish in areas where there is open skin that is dark and damp. You can buy lotrimin otc (like the stuff for jock itch) and try it and see if it helps but a derm referral might be good. I know my CRS thought I should see one because I was always getting some kind of folliculitis in that area.