New to the forum

Anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the forum

Postby Stingray » 09 Jul 2016, 19:34

I have been suffering from an external fissure for 3-4 months. Very painful during bm but not much otherwise. Used Diltiazem cream and got some relief in about a month but new ones developed. The entire anal area seemed to get inflamed so I have discontinued use, and now using only petroleum jelly. Hoping to return to use of Dil soon.

I am an active morning (bm) so I set a clock for an hour before I get up and take 2 Tylenol and occasionally suppository. This helps make the pain bearable during my morning routine. Mine was caused by loose bowels. That has been corrected with daily Citrucel and diet. Trying also to drink more water.

Will be viewing posts to see if others are experiencing irritation from the Diltiazem. Thanks for listening.
Stingray

Topics: 1

Re: New to the forum

Postby pinpin » 27 Jul 2016, 00:45

Welcome, and thank you sharing your experience.
I can confirm, irritation might occur during Diltiazem use, I think I had irritation myself.
How is your fissure nowadays?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: New to the forum

Postby Stingray » 27 Jul 2016, 05:34

Hopeful of improvement. I think I was using too little of D cream. Increased volume and getting little improvement.
Stingray

Topics: 1