New to Forum

Dealing with Chronic Fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to Forum

Postby rcastell » 03 Oct 2018, 14:04

Hello,

Thought I would try joining this group and give it a try. I'm a 40 year old female. My condensed background is I had a colonoscopy back in February after having some issues, saw a second doctor in April. Had botox done in May and for a second time almost a month ago. I'm considering have surgery as I'm still not fully healed. I did have some progress after the first botox which is why it was recommended to attempt it again. Been following instructions diligently, I take a fiber supplement and stool softer everyday, drinking lots of water, made changes to my diet. Along with this the lifestyle and diet changes I've made I've lost a significant amount of weight. I feel mentally and physically wore down at this point.
rcastell

Topics: 1

Re: New to Forum

Postby patience_and_healing » 19 Oct 2018, 00:39

Fissures would wear anyone out! You are not alone in feeling this way, but there is hope for you to heal. Hopefully the second round of botox will help you heal fully. Try something like avocados to help keep your weight stable. They are a healthy high calorie food and will not cause constipation. It's important to have emotional support during this time so you can make the best decisions for yourself. Wishing you speedy healing.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: New to Forum

Postby Ksbiddy » 08 Dec 2018, 18:41

Just created a fb group for those who are interested! https://www.facebook.com/groups/266969863992662/

Love that we can all share our tips and advice here!
Ksbiddy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1