New to the forum and need advice!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the forum and need advice!!

Postby #bproblems » 01 Jun 2017, 18:05

Hi everyone, glad I have found this forum. Apologies for the long post!!So I have been having problems since i had my daughter in Dec 2013. I had a self diagnosed fissure as i had episodes of bright red blood, shocking pain with a bowel movement. After a month or so this eased off and only after then did i bleed when I was dehydrated/ not eaten the right things. This went away but again for the past year when I've had a large bowel movement plus been dehydrated I have had some bleeding and have felt something 'go'/ 'tear' only slightly with a sharp pain but nothing as bad as originally. Earlier this year it felt as though I had a haemorrhoid as I could never feel clean afterwards and could sometimes feel something but that has now gone away. Also for the past year It has been quite itchy at times after a BM

The blood is always bright red
The bleeding has not increased in volume
It only bleeds when I am dehydrated/ eaten badly
Itching has only been there for a year

So decided to go and get checked out this week. Had a very uncomfortable
Consult with my GP who basically just looked did not real examination and has referred me to a colorectal surgeon- he can see nothing wrong and did not want to do an internal exam as they will do it there but I am freaking out. I've had very early cervical cancer 9 years ago which was zapped off and had no further issues. So googling my symptoms as you do they seem to fit haemorrhoids/ anal fissure and anal cancer- which is linked to people who have had cervical cancer.
I suppose my queries are;
Can fissures carry on but without the searing pain you Initially get with them and it becomes more manageable pain
Do my symptoms seem typical of a fissure
With anal cancer in my sensible head I think that the symptoms would have gotten worse but they have been consistent apart from this itching the past year. Any advice greatly appreciated until I see the surgeon in a few weeks x
#bproblems

Topics: 1

Re: New to the forum and need advice!!

Postby Canadabum » 05 Jun 2017, 15:48

Hey there -- welcome to the forum...glad you found us!

Yes -- you can have a fissure for a long time and the pain will diminish over time if you develop some scar tissue around it or a papilla that protects it a bit....and the fissure can heal and retear over time...when it is basically healed you would have few if any symptoms...so in short yes you could simply be dealing with a run of the mill (though they do such and can be super painful) fissure.

It is good that your GP didnt stick their hand up there...why bother when you can get an expert finger up there by a CRS who will be able to look and see what is truly happening.

Dr. Google freaks me out every time I consult it...I am very glad to hear that you have an appt. with a real live doc....best way to go.

Keep us posted.

Best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19