New to the forum!!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to the forum!!!

Postby Ginniemac » 15 Jan 2012, 09:49

Hi everyone, I am so glad I've come across these forums as I felt as though I was going to crack up with how I've been feeling!!!!
I have been suffering "down there" for almost a year on and off now. I ended up constipated just before Xmas (I suffer terrible with IBS), the pain after passing the bm was that bad that I ended up in a&e. I got transferred to the ward and it was there the doc Image diagnosed me with a chronic anal fissure.
My main symptoms are this awful pressure feeling that has been with me for sometime now, the kind of feeling were if I "unclench " my buttocks everything will fall out! I also have terrible bleeding with mucus and this thing which I presume is a tag that protrudes in and out and a purplish lump on the outside. I also feel as if I'm sitting on a ball and I'm suffering with terrible wind. I had a camera last week to rule out anything else. I got given gtn pint which I reacted to (vomiting headache and rash). My gp changed to xyloproct which done nothing and now I have a prescription for diltiazem oint which is in order from the chemist.
I have been off work for 3 weeks and have just been signed off for a further 2 weeks as I feel so down and in pain with this. I don't know wether to opt for the surgery as my gp says it causes leakage which I couldn't stand.
I'm sorry if I've gone on its just so nice to be able to
Open my heart out to people who understand!!! Any advice would be gladly appreciated!!! G x
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: New to the forum!!!

Postby grannymaria » 15 Jan 2012, 10:26

Sorry u have been suffering since Christmas sweetie :( u will find a lot of info here as I have. I'm so grateful to everyone here that has shared their experiences with us . I was just diagnosed with a fissure last month n am following alot of advice from members here. God bless u n give us all the healing we need. Pls read others posts sweetie as I have n have learned
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Ginniemac » 15 Jan 2012, 11:11

Thank you do much, I have been reading the posts for the past two days since I found the website, I already feel like a big weight has been lifted knowing that not the only one feeling this way, my boyf, family and friends have been amazing but I know they don't fully understand, you can't until you have been through this yourself. Thanks again xxx
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 17:35

That's right, Ginnie -
I don't think anyone (who hasn't gone through this torture) can understand how miserable it can make a person's life.
Please try to hang in there. We've all just got to believe that, sooner or later, we will feel better. If I didn't have that hope, I'd be a wreck.
Let us know how you do . . . and btw, I think it's necessary for you to take that extra time off. Just try to rest and get through this.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Jan 2012, 17:41

Ginnie hi and welcome to the forum, sorry you have been suffering for so long. The thing with fissures, once they become chronic they are almost impossible to heal by themselves and some sort of surgical intervention is needed. The pressure feeling you are feeling is spasms, I know them all too well they would last for hours after a BM. Advil would take the edge off along with a walk, it it became unbearable I would do massage to the area. I also have a skin tag, but mine never turned purple, it is small and it would swell when my fissure was in active mode. Are you sure the purple lump isn't a thrombosed hemorrhoid?? they are very painful. I had surgery this past Monday and I have not had any leakage. I would go to the CRS for this surgery, there is a slight risk of this but if you find a great Dr. it is not a problem. Not one person on this forum has been left incontinet b/c of surgery. If you aren't already doing it I would eat a high fiber diet, drink lots of water, and take Miralax or Movicol for soft BM's. Hope you start to feel better soon
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Ginniemac » 15 Jan 2012, 17:53

Thanks sweet. Yes you are right bout the need to rest although finding it hard at the minute as my mums just come out of hospital after an operation on her nose and both my nans are ill, one with early stage dementia. So as you can imagine hard not to feel stressed which in turn is not helping the healing process. I just hope when I get the diltiazem oint that it works, even just to ease these spasms as its these what I'm finding really hard to cope with at the minute.
Thanks for your support though, much appreciated xxxx
Sue thanks for the message, I am seriously considering the surgery and after reading all the posts on here I feel very reassured about the whole leakage thing!!! I need to go and see a CRS, my gp is reluctant to refer me until I've tried this diltiazem ointment for a while. I am thinking of going private to try and hurry the process up as I don't think I can stand this much longer. I'm normally such an outgoing confident person and now I'm reluctant to leave the house!! I just want my life back!!!! Thanks again for getting back to me xxxx
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Postby Ginniemac » 15 Jan 2012, 17:57

Forgot to mention sue that taking movicol and docusate if needed and tale fybogel for my ibs. Drinkin tons of water to to keep everything soft. Couldn't bare anything hard!!!!! Thanks xx
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Jan 2012, 18:34

IMO go private. I know over in the UK you have to be just about dying to get in quickly. I mean try the diltiazem and see if it works, but for the lenght of time you have had it. I don't know. I tried every cream and potion and lotion available, they worked short term. I could buy a new wardrobe for the money I spent on all of it and I just threw it in all in the trash today.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Ginniemac » 17 Jan 2012, 08:48

Finally got my diltiazem cream last nite so see how I go. Started on movicol too, my stomach is making really funny noises though!!! I have enquired about surgery done private, just waiting for people to get back to me with prices etc. thanks xxx
Ginniemac
Fibre Addict

Postby Davo » 17 Jan 2012, 09:46

With regards to waiting time for a private CRS in the UK - for me it takes me between 24-48 hours to get an appointment and if any surgery is required then it is a 7 day wait.
If that what you need and you can afford it then go for it
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42