Newbie -pls help!

Examination under anaesthesia & banding - anything I should know?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Newbie -pls help!

Postby Sally_C » 19 Sep 2018, 16:03

Hi, I’ve been reading this board for a few months now and have finally registered!

My first AF was in 2013 which healed with GTN cream and I also suffer from internal hemmies. The AF came back in May 2018 with another one to boot, and so far rectogesic won’t heal it.

I feel very low as prior to this, I had been ill and housebound for 2 years before having my beautiful son in Feb 2017.

To be therefore back with yet another painful condition is horrible!

The next step is an examination under A. with Botox and/or banding.

I’ve refused Botox but am having the EUA and banding next week hoping that treating the internal hemmies might help the fissures (my mum had a hemmie op many years ago that magically healed her AF too). I’m also unsure if the pain is from an AF.

Just wondered if there’s anything I should know/ask/be wary of/to help?

I’ve flip flopped over the procedure for many weeks but as I’d like to have another baby next year, I’ve decided to go ahead, as I’d really like to know exactly what’s going on down there, even tho I know it could cause another AF :-(

Any help would be very gratefully rec’d as feeling pretty worn out battling this and raising a toddler.

I’m doing all the right things - water, stool softeners, healthy diet but it just won’t heal so I’m wondering if there’s something else going on?
Sally_C

Topics: 2