Newbie with an old AF

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie with an old AF

Postby hopesup35 » 26 Jul 2016, 22:11

Hello everybody.

I have been lurking this board for a while now, but you guys have been such support system for me that I felt it was time to introduce myself and my AF.
I'm a 35 year old woman who has been struggling with this condition on and off for the past 15 years. At first, I didn't make much of it and tried to ignore it. Truth is I get a flare maybe once a year, but for the past 3 weeks, I've been dealing with a bad one and it's just affecting my life to the point I'm having bad anxiety attacks. My husband has been a great support, but I honestly don't want this to continue ruining my life.
This week I felt things were finally getting better but I had an appointment with a new Colorectal surgeon who performed a painful exam with a pediatric anascopy, and well, I'm back to square 1. :( He said I will most likely need LIS, but prescribed 2 ointments ( Doxiproct and Suffrexal) for 3 weeks to see if the AF healed. Next, he said he could give me the Nitro cream if the treatment before fails, and if not then LIS...Here's hope.

Than you all for the support!
hopesup35

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie with an old AF

Postby pinpin » 27 Jul 2016, 01:12

Welcome and thank you sharing your story. Definitely don't be afraid of surgery that much if you will need to opt for it, Nitro has quite a good success rate also.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Newbie with an old AF

Postby hopesup35 » 27 Jul 2016, 07:51

Thank you, pinpin. Yes, surgery is scary, but so is leaving with this. Thanks for the support and the welcome. :thanx:
hopesup35

Topics: 1