Nifedipine and healing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Nifedipine and healing

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2007, 11:02

Hello,
Thanks for all the input. I am still glad Pillow is doing well so maybe i will follow along here. Does flax seed caps or oil change the consistency of the BM or does it help it along coming out?? I am having veggies for dinner carrots and peas with a small portion of chicken with peaches. Thanks for the input Steve, Lecia and KIm.
Patty

P.S. Sorry Lecia to hear about your hernia, oh my you don't deserve that. I hope you feel better soon...

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 08 Jul 2007, 12:06

Flax oil has not seemed to change the consistency of my BM...it just seems to make it come out easier and aggravate my fissure less. For the last 4 days in a row, I have not had the prickly sensation that I would often get during a BM. So obviously, it's a little too early to say for sure if it's helping me in the long run.
Also, I made a few changes in the last couple weeks, so it's always hard to tell what's having what effect. The changes I've made are: taking Nifedipine, taking Flax Oil supplements, using vaseline before BM, using Epsom salts in my sitz bath, and eating oat bran with apricots for breakfast.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2007, 12:45

Thanks Steve,

I just wanted to make sure that is did not cause diarrhea that all. I think I still need to make some changes also.
Thanks again. If your reading this Marie (Pillow) sorry I have intruded on your topic but I only hope to get where you are.

Patty