bleed to death with ur anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

bleed to death with ur anal fissure

Postby spoon29 » 16 Mar 2015, 16:17

I'm new here and trying to figure out what is going on with me. I'm pretty sure it's hemorrhoids or a fissure but idk how severe or if it needs immediate attention? I have a very bad anxiety disorder with some agoraphobia so it's very hard to even see a doctor for a cold.

So about a week ago I had a very high fever of about 104 f° for several days(strep). The first bm I had was dry/hard but not anything bad, no blood. Then had a couple days of bad diareah still no blood but the last time I had it, I noticed it felt like I had to keep going but couldnt and was straining really bad. For 2 days after that I had small amounts of blood and mucus but no stool, and had that same feeling that I had to keep going. 2 days ago I had an average stool and there was a decent amount of blood both in the stool and on the tp. Then yesterday a very painful dry hard stool with even more blood and it was dripping. I've been treating it with coconut oil suppositories and baths to relieve some pain and acetaminophen and still on my antibiotics for strep. It doesn't seem to be getting any worse now, but scared of bm's and have missed work already just because id hate for it to get worse while at work.

I've been eating fruits and veggies and high fiber foods the past 2 days. Sometimes I think I have to go but just strain myself on accident (nothing comes out but get bad spasms) and bleed, but the bleeding stops between BMs/attempting to go. Is this normal. If I keep stools soft shouldn't this heal on its own?
Last edited by spoon29 on 06 Apr 2015, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
spoon29
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: need advice.

Postby PainedSA » 16 Mar 2015, 19:28

Ouch! Sounds like you've hurt yourself there! Definitely sounds like a fissure but luckily you haven't had it for long so you may be able to heal it naturally! If you keep BM soft for a good 6 weeks and treat with baths, keep the area clean and dry you may be able to move along!

Remember not to over do the fibre as it does increase bulk - look into the difference between insoluble and soluble fiber (I think we all fell into the high fibre trap when we started)

Bleeding without a movement sounds unusual though. I highly recommend going to see a doctor because any blood from the bottom should be checked out just in case.
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby spoon29 » 16 Mar 2015, 20:06

Thanks for the response! I've been shaking thinking of going to the ER to get it checked for sure. I want to and just get it over with but can't find the push since I feel it could get better if I just take it easy, and if I can get and keep a soft BM for a little while. I'm pretty sure the bleeding without a BM is because it feels like I have to go because of gas, i sit down and feels like I have to go and push hard(not on purpose) which is opening the fissure or w.e is going on. The bleeding immediately stops once I get in the bath and relax.
spoon29
Fibre Addict

Postby PainedSA » 17 Mar 2015, 01:17

I'm sorry that you have that fear :( Must be really hard - can you get someone to go with you to make you more comfortable - or go to a small quiet doctor rather than an ER? I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks too so can understand a little more than some others xxxx I'd give you a big hug and go with you if I could xxxx

Maybe give yourself a time limit - say 2 weeks and if you are still in a significant amount of pain and bleeding then go?

Try not to hold gas in as it can be quite rough coming out otherwise! Wish I could be more help
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby shakdang » 17 Mar 2015, 04:57

Did you feel a sharp pain during the BM? Stinging pain after the BM?

Sounds like a fissure and perhaps the muscle is in spasm and that's why you keep wanting to go but can't.

In any case, I would take PainedSA's advice and make sure the stool is as soft as possible (but not too loose or pasty).

Also, the 2 week time limit idea from PainedSA is also worth a consideration .. I'd thoroughly recommend you go see a doctor if there is even a hint of blood in the BM.

If it helps, I've had my bottom looked at by at least 6 different doctors so far and they were all very professional.
shakdang
Fibre Addict

Postby spoon29 » 17 Mar 2015, 16:57

Today it's seems to be going back to how it was before those painfull BM's thank god! Today I felt like I had to go, sat down found a good comfortable position(sitting with 1 foot propped up higher than the other tilting sidways) and only saw very small soft clumps with a little blood and mucus. I still haven't had a full BM but still keeping up the simple diet and also pretty much fasting, or seems like it. Usually I'll have a few hand fulls of honey bunches of oats for breakfast with juice, then through the day i have a salad, fiber bar, apple and oranges. Mostly I just drink water if I get hungry. Fasting is good for you if done right so wouldn't this also give you a chance to heal before a BM, and make sure to take stool softeners each night just incase you do have one? Finally went to work for a half day today too :)

What is the consensus on fasting, or very low food diet with vitamin sipliments and tons of water for dealing with a re-tear, or very painful BM?
spoon29
Fibre Addict

Postby frank » 17 Mar 2015, 19:05

Sppon29,

I hear ya on the medical anxiety. Went to the doctor last week because of this fissure. My wife basically dragged me there. Blood pressure was 188/107 with a heart rate of 117, lol. At home my blood pressure is around 115/75 on average. And my resting heart rate is in the mid to upper 40's (runner). I dont' know why, whenever I am near anything medical by body rushes with adrenaline. I envy people that can be calm as can be in that type of environment. I hope to overcome it one day.
frank
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby spoon29 » 18 Mar 2015, 00:16

Yeah that sounds horrible just like I get. I start blacking out, shaking, horrible headaches, vomiting, lose all sense of balance and have an over whelming feeling of dread... even if everything is going to be ok.

I'm really hoping this very light diet keeps BM's to an absolute minimal for a few days atleast. Then slowly start eating more and more as it gets better. I think it'll be much better if I can get about 2-3 days to heal without a BM.

Usually I had a bm every morning and sometimes night too. But there have been times I've fasted and eaten very light for a while and have just a couple a week. I can't handle the thought of a doctor right now, I got so nervous the past few days I have sores on my lips from chewing them so bad...
spoon29
Fibre Addict

Postby spoon29 » 18 Mar 2015, 07:44

What stool softeners work the best for most people? I've been using dulcolax and so far haven't had a soft one.

Is this burning feeling a sign of healing especially with the signs of significant reduction in blood in stool? It's not as painful anymore it just feels like I have to "go" then try and end up in spasms. Now before straining I jump in the bath and it stops.
Last edited by spoon29 on 20 Mar 2015, 16:51, edited 1 time in total.
spoon29
Fibre Addict

Postby spoon29 » 20 Mar 2015, 16:48

Finally, NO blood and greatly reduced pain.. I've had about 2 bm per day soft and easy, been eating like a bird. The coconut oil and many baths seems to have made for a speedy recovery. The only discomfort now is the spasms feeling like I have to go more and more and some burning once in a while. This ordeal has had me freaked out! I have great sympathy for anyone with them now that I've dealt with it.. it's a horrible thing.

I'm curious to as what type of coconut oil ppl have used and if they've tried it frozen as suppositories. I read it HAS to be virgin coconut oil or its practically worthless besides keeping things oiled up back there.
spoon29
Fibre Addict