ointment application question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

ointment application question

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2007, 13:23

Quick question. I have not applied any kind of ointment and was wondering how everyone applies it. I read about some people applying directly on the fissue, but how do you know where it is. Also, it would concern me to apply directly to the fissure as I may cause more damage. Obviously I'm new, but sometimes the simplest things to others seem awkward and weird to the new guys.
One more thing... ever since I started taking extra fiber I have more BM's. Is this ok? I would rather not have one except for once a year if possible Image
again thanks for you help
-Bob

Re: ointment application question

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Jan 2007, 13:50

Welcome to the board, Bob! It would help to know what kind of ointment you are refering to. IMHO dialtezam and nefedepine need to be applied to within the sphincter, just above the anal canal. And more than a pea sized amount. This is hard to do with a finger (and painful). I used a protofoam syringe.
With these two meds, your goal is to relax the sphincter, not the anus, as the spincter is the source of the painful spasms.
Other creams/ointments are generally applied directly to the fissure site. No, they won't harm anything, but many doctors advise against "creams" and ointments because they don't want a lot of moisture at the fissure site. This would tend to make the fissure heal slower and tear more easily after partial healing.
As for the fiber, yeah, too much will make you poop more, and create larger diameter stools which stretch and tear at the fissure, even if soft.
If you're eating plenty of fruits and veggies, and use fiber cereal, you are probably already at the RDA everyday. It would help to know your diet including any and all fiber supplements. Drink plenty of water!
Again, welcome aboard!
Hugh
Deleted User 5

wheat grass

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2007, 14:45

I read about a person who used wheat grass cream and wheat germ oil to help heal the fissue. I don't have spasms (luckily) nor a lot of discomfort after the deed is done, although a little. Perhaps (hopefully) my fissue is not of the monumental type. I have been drinking so much water lately I think my eyeballs are floating. I also have been avoiding most food. When I do eat I try to just eat fruits and veggies althouhg last night I had chinese, which I guess was mostly veggies anyway. I did have chicken with it, but all in all I have been avoiding any kind of big meal or anything with red meat.
I have also been on a very intense workout schedule the last 4 months as I have a big birthday coming up and I wanted to be in great shape. I have decided to take off next week as I know I strain every muscsle when I'm working out.
This is all new territory and territory I never wanted to cross into. I'm willing to try all angles to minimize the downtime.
Thanks for your help
-Bob