one good thing thats happened today

Need some comic relief?? Games and quizzes are here. Want to talk about your pets, your life, etc? This is the place!

Return to Quizzes, Games & Chat

Re: one good thing thats happened today

Postby Bambi » 10 Nov 2010, 18:20

It snowed yesterday and I spent the day cooking and freezing things for our company coming for Thanksgiving week. And my "baby girl" surprised us by showing up around 9AM- I was opening the door to the garage to leave for Curves and her cute Boston Terrier suddenly appeared- I screamed and scared the poor thing to death! I guess I thought he was some huge mutant rat!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2010, 18:53

Sounds like a good day Bambi:)
I baked red velvet cupcakes , sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies... I love to bake and I love this time of the year. No snow here in Florida, but we have had some cooler than usual mornings :)

Postby Bambi » 16 Nov 2010, 10:01

My daughter and her string quartet played the first movement of Death and the Maiden beautifully last night!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bambi » 16 Nov 2010, 10:03

And she got accepted into CU's graduate program midyear, which was a feat!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bumbutt » 07 Feb 2011, 04:43

I could stay up to watch the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl last night (the game is on from midnight till 4am in Sweden!).
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby cherylk » 07 Feb 2011, 06:08

Bambi,
What is your daughter going to study at CU??
We returned home safely on Friday night from our 2 week trip to Florida after having our planned return flight delayed by 2 days due to the bad weather and road conditions in our area.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Savaici » 08 Feb 2011, 20:10

I spoke to an old friend who I have not seen for 43 years. Was like it was yesterday the way we talked away!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby cherylk » 08 Feb 2011, 20:41

My mom made a Key Lime pie today (from a recipe on a post card I brought her from Florida), and she is going to share it with me. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bambi » 08 Feb 2011, 22:15

I had lunch today with a good friend and ended up sharing with her what has been going on with me. She is a very supportive friend and I've wanted to mention it, but it is a difficult thing to bring up. It came up naturally when she asked if we were doing a certain thing around President's Day weekend (which we are not doing because of my scheduled LIS) It felt good because sometimes over the last year I've felt like she must think I have been a little standoffish and now she understands a little bit more of why that may have been happening.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bambi » 08 Feb 2011, 22:20

Hi Cherylk- I just saw your post from yesterday. Glad you are home safely and hope you had a great time in Florida. My daughter is working on getting her Master's degree in Music Education. She is a violinist- she really loves teaching and that is her primary focus. There is a chance she may get a teaching job at a local high school for next year if all the stars align. The orchestra teacher who has been at that school for 35 years or so is retiring and she did her student teaching with him. He called her in the fall and really wants her to take over the program. She subbed for him a couple of weeks ago and they had the assistant principal come in and watch her and she wrote her an incredibly glowing note about her teaching. But if that doesn't work out, she'll continue her Masters full time. If the job comes to pass, she plans to work on it in the summer and in the evenings. My husband and I are both retired from this school district and worry about what politics may interfere with this grand plan, but I keep her in my prayers every day and ask God to lead.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist