one good thing thats happened today

Need some comic relief?? Games and quizzes are here. Want to talk about your pets, your life, etc? This is the place!

Return to Quizzes, Games & Chat

Re: one good thing thats happened today

Postby cherylk » 09 Feb 2011, 03:54

Bambi,
That sounds great about your daughter. How old (young) is she??
Let me see--what good thing happened today (yesterday)? I had a great visit with a friend at her house for 1 1/2 hours.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Bambi » 09 Feb 2011, 20:13

Hi Cherylk-
She is 23- she is married to a very nice young man of 26 who is a chemist. They've been married since July 09. In most ways, she is very mature for her age. When she was 3, her daycare provider said "There's just a little adult in there trying to get out" and that was really true!
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby cherylk » 09 Feb 2011, 20:26

That was a neat comment to make. I still remember my son's first grade teacher asking me, "Why won't that boy listen?" How in the world should I know why he wouldn't listen???? I guess he finally started listening as he is one semester away from being a pharmacist!
I had a nice lunch with my mother, and she told me I should "get rid" of my husband more often! Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby Bambi » 09 Feb 2011, 20:45

You must be very proud of him- that has to be a difficult field of study. I never listened very well either! Your mother is funny-
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 09 Feb 2011, 22:32

Yes, my mother is pretty sharp for her age! Pharm school is difficult. I don't think I could do it!! My son has just decided we can go to Florida, instead of on a Colorado ski trip during his upcoming spring break. Florida here I come again (hopefully). This time probably Pensacola.
:D
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2011, 10:27

Cheryl, I see you are headed back to warmer weather Image
One great thing that happened this week was my daughter has been in the O.R. at the hospital she is interning in. She was in surgery with one of the CRS's who work in the group that did my surgery. I'm very proud of her. She just turned 20 yesterday. Image

Postby Bambi » 10 Feb 2011, 10:36

That is really cool Dawn- what is your daughter interning as?
She sounds so young to be doing that- no wonder you are so proud.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 10 Feb 2011, 11:22

Radiology technician... She goes to class three days a week and is at the hospital two. She has one more year left before she graduates.
She does nothing but study and homework in her free time right now, but she loves it. I'm really proud of her.
My oldest daughter is 21, married and has a 11 month old.... She works four days a week, and is working on her Bachelors degree in Elementary Education right now & will be graduating the same time as her little sister.
Now I have one more to go,LOL... She's only six so God only knows but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Postby cherylk » 10 Feb 2011, 15:54

Dawn,
You can justifiably be proud of your two daughters. Sounds like they both have good careers in their respective futures.
I am very excited about returning to warmer weather. I think my son is looking into some "golf packages" for Gulf Shores.
My trips can be an inspiration to others as I would never have dreamed of taking these vacations a few years ago with my sore rear end!!! I'll have to keep our upcoming trip rather quiet for awhile as most people here are really tired of all of the snow and cold weather we've been having. I, myself, was annoyed this morning at my excercise place as I overheard 2 guys discussing one of the guy's upcoming trip to Arizona and warmer weather!! It was below zero here this morning !!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2011, 09:46

Thanks Cheryl,
It's still hard to believe you were one of the few and lucky who was able to heal their fissure without surgery!
You deserve all the nice trips, and I don't blame you, I'd keep it under my hat and not rub it in to the ones left to freeze. OMG those temps freak me out!