One Week Since my LIS Surgery!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: One Week Since my LIS Surgery!

Postby TheBoognish » 15 Apr 2011, 16:40

Hi Everyone!
It's almost 3 weeks since my LIS surgery and I'm still pain free without any incontinence issues. I experience sensations "down there" but I pay a lot of attention to the area (especially after the bathroom) and I really can't tell if I experienced the same sensations before the Fissure or not. I probably did.
I can't speak for the Fissurectomy because my surgeon said it wasn't necessary but I fully endorse the LIS. I had to push my follow up back a week but I expect the Doc to say that I'm fully healed. I'll let everyone know how that goes.
When considering surgery, make sure to see a a Colorectal Surgeon. Ask how many times he/she has done the LIS, their success rate, and percentage of incontinence issues.
PaulsPain - I'm real sorry to hear about your issues with Crohns. I'm not exactly sure what my GE looked for during the Sigmoidoscopy. I'm seeing him again in a month or two and I'd be happy to ask then.
ss616 - I've had the same issues with people not understanding how bad the pain is. When someone questions me, I just say that there is a reason why the expression "Pain in the Ass" exists. That usually stops them right in their tracks (and usually gets a laugh).
frustrated - good luck with your surgery. You'll do just fine. Are you just getting the LIS? Did you try anything else before deciding to go under the knife?
TheBoognish
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1