op tomorrow

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: op tomorrow

Postby Kv12 » 29 May 2017, 16:58

Mojo, I hope tomorrow's 'event' is uneventful for you. It's so hard not to return to a usual diet when you feel so much better.

Missy, they will just discuss your symptoms, examine you if they can and then discuss your options.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 29 May 2017, 21:35

So here that don't offer lis first it's fissurectomy an botox first then lis an they dont check anal tone before hand they will how ever if they notice someone is clearly high toned they will send you off for the test at an extra cost. If the fissurectomy doesn't solve the problem they then do lis or more botox. My question for everyone here is how how successful is a fissurectomy and botox. An just a note I healed for 5 months during my pregnancy 6 weeks ago an it came back 4weeks aftrr having my baby please anyone advice?? Everyone on this site seems to talk about lis no I feel like i cant get lis so I'm hoping fissurectomys are just as good?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 29 May 2017, 21:56

Mypoorbutt I'm worried about getting a fissurectomy and botox incase it doesn't work like it didn't for you do you know what the success rate is or any info about it you can give me at all please?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 May 2017, 09:07

Hi Hun
It was never meant to "work" for me as in the sense of healing my fissure as my fissure was so long and deep quite high up into the rectum the aim of Botox was to help it heal a bit so that the cut for LIS could be as much of the length of the fissure as possible
I loved my Botox like really loved it the spasms were gone from day one unlike my LIS and I could feel my sphincter was much looser probably like a normal person.
My CRS has great success with Botox over 90% heal completely with the first one and of the 10% that don't 96% of those heal with a second one.
You have healed your fissure for over 5 months and you have no underlying conditions like I have with my IBS and crohns so there is no reason one lot of Botox with the fissurectomy shouldn't do the job
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mojo » 30 May 2017, 11:17

Hi K
in the event the event was v uneventful! No pain, no blood, no burning after.

Feel great down there.
mojo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 30 May 2017, 11:25

I guess I'm just thinking I couldnt heal enough over 5 months how will I over 3 months with botox but then it's clearly due to a weak scar I should have good blood flow because my fissure is at the front I don't have major spasms like most but my doctor said when the ring closes off that is a spasm? Is it he's really put of date so he mite be wrong
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 30 May 2017, 11:32

Yay Mojo you are going great girl so happy for you
MM your fissure will heal cleaner and stronger after the fissurectomy and Botox will ensure that even minor spasms can't happen.
Yes any tightening or closing can be defined as a spasms but it's the full on agonising ones that last for hours that can cause the healing to be slower.
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Kv12 » 30 May 2017, 11:45

That's great Mojo! I've been spoiled here with a load of M&S food, it's so tempting to eat more but still taking it easy. Day 6 neatly done.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby mojo » 01 Jun 2017, 12:43

Still going great 15 days after op. No bleeding or pain. I've let myself go relatively food wise too (even had biscuits n bread other day) and apart from bit more swelling no noticeable problems.

I've been able to regain bit of weight after fissure fasting hell and my life has reverted to "normal".

Got appt with surgeon Monday. Will update but unless I go batshit n decide to scoff aload of nuts n popcorn I reckon I'm (shhh) healed. Just jinxed myself yeah?

Missy hope you're ok.

K hope your recovery going well.

Mypoor hope you're fine. X
mojo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Kv12 » 01 Jun 2017, 12:48

You almost don't want to say it do you. It's so hard to not just hope for normality. I'm healing well thank you. This time last week I was walking down to theatre. I still have some burning after morning bm but by the afternoon I feel relatively ok.

Hope it all stays good for you. You are my recovery standard I'm going by!
Kv12
Salt Bather