op tomorrow

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: op tomorrow

Postby Kv12 » 26 May 2017, 13:11

Hi Mojo. Just been reading through your diary. I'm a week behind you post op. How have things been today?
Kv12
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby mojo » 26 May 2017, 13:27

HI K!
Bleeding during painful BM caused by cheese (!?) or whole meal pasta confirming my suspish insoluble fiber must be avoided. Then twinges and mild burning til middayish. Light bleeding n discharge all day as usual. Now all good and feel satisfied at busy day getting things done. (Shoe shopping with kids. Would've been unimaginable pre op).

How are you?
mojo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Kv12 » 26 May 2017, 13:35

Ah that's great. You must feel ecstatic at being able to complete those errands without those hellish spasms, which were worse than contractions (unbelievable eh) It's a new life isn't it.

I'm doing ok, feeling better. Have had to contend with period alongside this surgery so feeling really yucky but in a couple of days I'll be my much better I'm sure.

Have you been taking regular baths? I have a sitz bath to put on the toilet but a bit confused about regularly getting stitches wet etc although the hairdryer drying method works. Must remember to keep the curtains closed, don't want the neighbours imaginations running wild.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby mojo » 26 May 2017, 14:02

One of the benefits of living in foreign land is the bidet! Lifesaver. So yeah been bideting away kids permitting.

It IS a new life. Or, rather, a reversion to life pre feckin fissure. Must be so careful tho and not mess up. Let me know how u get on.
mojo
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2017, 16:18

Last night my mastitis come back 3rd time in 6weeks I've already have two lots of antibiotics :(
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby mojo » 27 May 2017, 02:01

Omg missy. As if u need that.

Cycling anyone?? When can I get back on the saddle? Had 2 soft BMs with minimal bleeding and just itchy down there now. Am tempted to get on me bike. Am I a fool?
mojo
Salt Bather

Postby Kv12 » 27 May 2017, 02:04

Mojo, the thought of getting on a bike anytime this millennium brings tears to my eyes!

Missy. Please don't delay surgery any longer. You must feel absolutely wretched. Keep hanging on in there, you are doing an amazing job.
Kv12
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 27 May 2017, 04:35

Thanks Kv12 can you tell me your story I've had my fissure for 3.5 years an a skin tag my fissure comes an goes every month or every other month it healed for 5 months while I was pregnant an that was just 6 weeks ago so it makes me feel torn can I heal it on my own or should i just get the surgery? Do you get spasms? I think I get mild ones. What surgery did you get?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby mojo » 27 May 2017, 05:10

I did it. Cycled few kms to my jogging spot without sitting on saddle. Jogged in the hills now am burning big time. Sitzing. Doc said jogging ok. Hope I haven't sabotaged my recovery in any way. Reckon it's the sweat making wounds burn.

Yeah maybe I'm a numpty but exercise helps me relax.
mojo
Salt Bather

Postby mojo » 27 May 2017, 05:14

Btw K interesting to know you had stitches. Isn't that the old school way? My 3 wounds were burnt with a laser.
mojo
Salt Bather