op tomorrow

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: op tomorrow

Postby mojo » 24 May 2017, 01:56

Hi lovely ladies
no all is not well unfortunately. Bled really profusely while having a poo and it hurt. My body hated on me and had a second BM (both with my 2 kids nosing around in the bathroom!) which was agony and am now burning big time and general pain down there. Taken a painkiller. Glands still swollen. Seeing surgeon tomorrow. Son's teacher asked me if all is well at home as h seems more anxious so I told her briefly without going into too much detail.

I was elated post op as thought: yay! am cured. But am realising it's not as cut n dried as that. Am worried the wounds of op just won't heal. Could the bleeding be the fissure that's retorn?? Is that even possible after being cauterised. Still wearing sanitary pads all day n night.
mojo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 24 May 2017, 05:06

How long since surgery now? Maybe it just takes awhile of soft bms till it all heals before it can handle more harder bms? I hope your surgeon says everything is looking good an almost healed tell yourself it's nearly healed I believe the power of the mind type of stuff an being positive. Think this won't last it will heal I'm time an you won't look back you'll be cured stay strong all will be fine hang in there xo
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby mojo » 24 May 2017, 05:32

DAY 7 post op missy.

This setback has brought me back down to earth I tell ya.

TMI possibly but the discharge mixed with blood from arse I have day n night is quite rank in odour and seems worse.

I'm stressing about check up tomorrow as the surgeon warned me last week that she'd have to do an internal examination tomorrow (1 WEEK post op! Eek.). Well she can jog along, frankly as noone is going near that area with penetration on their minds. Surely it's too early?? Why would she wanna ruin the op she carried out by traumatising the area. And what would she be checking for? It's within my rights to refuse I know but when you're lying down with your bits exposed..
mojo
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 24 May 2017, 11:00

Hey i would let her check it she'll be able to give you peace of mind an insure there's no infection or anything is it really sore to pass bms? If so tell her an tell her please don't poke in there if you dont have to. A check up 1 week out must be standard procedure to check how it's all going atleast she's a female they are way more gentle an they are more sympathetic I believe. Ring up an tell them or your doctor that your really nervous ask for a valium or zanax for the first post op check ive read alot of people talk about this I would try my luck you just need something to chill you out so it's not to dramatic for you it will probably be fine we always seem to worry ourselves silly about something then it turns out no where near what we had feared. What are bms like just to remind you of the pre op bms which I'm still having are full of glass!!! Has that gone away post op?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby simplebutt » 24 May 2017, 11:58

Hi Mojo, you are through! I had my op two months ago and will be posting about it soon but you are done! The pain you have now is totally normal and would slowly start to go away in a week or so. Basically a part of the internal sphincter muscle has been cut and the fissure you had stands completely exposed. BUT, now that it has plenty of oxygen and blood flow, it will start to heal. And one day it will be gone!
It's been two months and I have completely got my life back. Remember, high fiber, non-spicy bland diet, sitz baths and positive attitude. The worst is over for you and it's all sunshine from here :)
simplebutt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Mypoorbutt » 24 May 2017, 12:32

Oh hunii if you don't want an internal tell her. There is no reason to poke about up there. She should be able to tell visually whether there is any sign of infection, I don't think an internal would ruin your op in anyway as lots are advised to dilate after 5/7 days but the point is if your in pain and she has no need to be up there then don't. My CRS didn't do an internal even though my fissure went quite high up until week 9 as I asked him not too.
You went from an op straight back to normal life with no rest or allowing your body to recuperate....maybe your body is just feeling a bit fragile and tender. It's only been 7 days Hun. I couldn't have left my house for more than an hour in the first week.
On a plus point you are having a check up so she will notice if things are going great and will be able to set your mind at rest.
We all have setbacks Hun especially those who have had the fissure for a while. But then the pain decreases as do the setbacks and we heal.
Good luck for tomorrow
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby missy moo » 24 May 2017, 16:20

Simplebutt dud they stitch your incision? Did they cut away the scar tissue?
How long did you have the fissure with or without a skin tag?
Mypoorbutt
Should everyone dilate after lis I've read abit about that on here too or for most is it ok not to giving that you had lis an the scar removed to we need to dilate I'm taking notes incase I go ahead with the surgery I'm also passing info to as many others on here as I can. Thanks
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mojo » 25 May 2017, 07:27

Hi all
after my wobble yesterday this morning went much better with pain but minimal bleeding.

Hosp was ok in the end as no internal was done (my surgeon was AWOL so a nice young doc had a peek) and apparently things are proceeding fine.

Guess I'll have ups downs, blips ecc on the road to being healed. Must be careful and carry on doing all the things simplybutt mentioned.

So today's a GOOD day. Yay. Thanx all and I'm so glad I had the op. One more spasm would've been the last straw and would've sent me right round the bend forever. X
mojo
Salt Bather

Postby mojo » 25 May 2017, 07:42

Sorry this morning as in BM.
mojo
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 25 May 2017, 08:15

That's good to heard congrats don't think about each day think about say next year you won't even think about any of this anymore and would of forgotten it an moved on with your life : ) take it easy an think positively.
missy moo
King Fissure