op tomorrow

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: op tomorrow

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2017, 02:27

And yea i realised today I'm putting to much in but with this breast feeding I don't feed like I'm over eatting at all I get really hungry like how some people do during pregnancy I find I'm way more hungry while breastfeeding then while pregnant
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby mojo » 26 May 2017, 02:48

No spasms yet then. When they kick in you'll be gagging for the op. Not to minimize the rag/fissure pain. My spasms started first fissure occurrence. They're the worst pain I've experienced n I've given birth twice with no pain relief.

Try to minimize BM for tomorrow.

I'm sitzing away on bidet thinkin of where to take DD. Pre op I'd have been on bidet but whimpering in pain and contemplating day ahead of spasms n being a shit mum. Dark days indeed.

You can still break the cycle I reckon. How's your diet?
mojo
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2017, 03:14

What does a spasm feel like? i do get the tight sphincter pain and it basically is closed so much I can't get a qtip/ear bud in there with rectogisic on it? The pain last anout 8am-1pm
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 May 2017, 04:22

I have answered your spasm question on the newbie thread Hun but your burning and glass is the fissure Hun. The achy all day pain is what my CRS calls a minor sphincter spasm/tightening that happens due to the fissure pain a full on spasms make delivering a 10lb baby with no pain relief seem like a day out at the beach. I am an upbeat person who has never once even contemplated a time a could consider ending my life. After 6 weeks of full on spasms rolling around the floor at two am I was more than ready to consider that option and truthfully only the thought of my children stopped me....yes Mojo the darkest of days in my whole life x
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby mojo » 26 May 2017, 04:32

Like glass going up your arse missy. Or hammering n drilling that I felt in my FEET.

Absolutely My. X
mojo
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2017, 05:21

Where do I go from here I feel confused now so I have mild spasms? So lis isn't something I should have done? But I can't live like this either it's still really hard living in fear an having a fissure once a month. I thought lis was my big answer now I don't know. It's made me have so many depressed days over the last 3.5 years it's made me not be able to bond with each of my babies while they were little I'm finding it had to smile at my 6 week old because this takes over me an my life I try to stay positive but i can't see the light at the end of the tunnel with my first son it took months till I felt happy I think the fissure made me have postnatal depression. This time I thought that's ok I'll get lis but know I don't know?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 May 2017, 05:32

Of course you can have LIS anyone with a fissure can have LIS the only thing is if you are in the U.K. You wouldn't be offered it on the NHS if you have a normal pressure test result.
The only to remember is LIS will loosen the sphincter leaving it unable to spasm as much so the fissure can heal quicker. If you are getting fissures do to weak skin then all the LIS will do is make the spasms less it can't stop the burning of a fissure.
You need a proper appointment with a knowledgeable surgeon to reassure you that LIS is the best option for you.
Mypoorbutt

Postby missy moo » 26 May 2017, 06:25

Ok thanks that's good to know do you think I have a good chance of healing it on my own since it was gone for 5months? An I don't have major spasms?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 May 2017, 07:06

There is always a chance Hun as lots of people on here have healed successfully without Botox or LIS
Only you know if LIS is right for you...you obviously can heal as you have done so before and for quite a while but then it comes back so maybe you do need LIS.
Your surgeon will be able to advise you and hopefully set your mind at ease
Mypoorbutt

Postby mojo » 26 May 2017, 07:39

Look at what you're eating missy. That's the bottom (pun intended) line. Sounds like you could heal without surgery if you're willing to overhaul your diet. I know it's not easy post partum but you'll be happier too.

How's your thyroid? I've got auto immune thyroiditis and each time my thyroid crashes I get constipated. My first fissure episode coincided with underactive thyroid due to pregnancy. It retore when my daughter was 3 months and had been flaring up regularly since due to constipation or eating too much choccy, breads pastries, pizza that kinda thing.

Once you've got the diabolical thing - for whatever reason - you've gotta be strict and consistent with dietary changes. Fruit, veg, lean protein. Try to cut out flour based foods for a while. Drink tonnes of water. I actually think brown bread, high fiber cereals make things worse and should be avoided during flare ups. Soluble fibre is the way to go.

Fissures are horrendous and depressing beyond belief as you end up feeling it's all your fault seeing as you choose to eat and the psychology of it is complicated but hold on. Try a week of fruit veg n lean protein. What have u got to lose? You're seeing your doc anyway.
mojo
Salt Bather