Painful gas after lis? :(

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Painful gas after lis? :(

Postby hopefulbutt » 25 Jan 2014, 10:21

Thought I had been doing pretty well the last couple days. I know the Crs tore my original fissure open wider when she did lis because it almost hurt worse than the lis itself on the way home but then it felt better. But last night I woke up with painful gas, as it escaped. I thought lis was supposed to make me relaxed enough for this no not be the case. The first 3 days my gas was easy and painless. This is on the side of my fissure still. I am a little scared she didn't cut enough. Did anyone else experience this? I have gone through this with each of my retreats for months. I guess maybe lis isn't the quick for me I was hoping it would be... But I won't give up. My last retreat took 6 months to feel better and If I have to push through 6 more months I will.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Painful gas after lis? :(

Postby Hatetopoop » 27 Jan 2014, 18:59

Hi hopeful! It's still too early to tell...give yourself time to heal and swelling to go down. I had the same thoughts and my BMs have been non eventful and slide right out. I am at the two week mark post surgery and feel pretty good. I have absolutely no pain but I do have a little bit discomfort where my skin tags were removed but nothing to complain about. Give it time... and let us know.
Hatetopoop
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14