Personal Q about the Fissures Themselves

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Personal Q about the Fissures Themselves

Postby SunshineHope » 01 Oct 2007, 02:24

Hi all,
I was wondering what a fissure actually looks like. I was trying to look for mine and I wasn't sure how to find it although I was quite sure of the location. Is it supposed to be a red line sort of like a paper cut? Or is it like a regular line of skin that's just painful?
I'm also wondering, and yes you can probably tell I'm still an innocent young one when I ask this.. But I am trying to figure out why my behind feels so abnormal to me. I was trying to find the fissure and discover how big my skin tag has gotten. It felt like my skin tag got bigger or was protuding more from before. Also, the area around the anus feels really rough, almost like the skin is in knots or just really tight and rough, maybe even like an old scar from something (hemmie or fissure, I wouldn't know). I wonder if this is very abnormal? Is the skin in this area generally very soft? I'm just trying to figure out my bum because my two doctors don't fill me in as much as I wish they would, even though I ask them so many questions.
Thank you for your help.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Personal Q about the Fissures Themselves

Postby Guest » 01 Oct 2007, 07:40

Hey Sunshine,
Good to hear from you, you innocent young thing you! :D
I have seen pictures of fissures on-line. I think if you google it you can find more than enough photos. Some look very unimpressive-like a small paper cut and others look like a wound depending on the severity and how deep it goes into the tissue.
My CRS was saying that she has seen both ends of the spectrum and some people with tiny fissures can be in a lot of pain and she has seen some patients with larger fissures and is surprised that they aren't complaining about the pain.
I think bottoms come in all shapes and textures. I have seen a few bottoms as a mom changing diapers and even my daughter has a skin tag from when she had gotten constipated. I took her to the doctor and they said not to worry about it and she doesn't even notice it. Since I had all my problems I have been curious as to what "normal" is because I don't feel normal down there and I haven't seen the spectrum either. I remember worrying about this alot and still do sometimes. I asked the doctor last month if he thought it looked "normal" and he said it did. Now, we didn't define what normal is though.
I have more bumps and ridges then I used to. I hope this helps. Maybe we can find a CRS photo gallery that shows normal vs pathological somewhere.