Please try this if you haven't already.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Please try this if you haven't already.

Postby Ouchie78 » 30 Jun 2013, 05:32

Hi I'm new to the forum today. I really felt I needed to share what has worked for me recently. Bit of history. Bum hole troubles run in my dads side of the family. Something to do with being anally retentive I wonder? Anyhow, my dad has had an op many moons ago for AF and piles, then my sister had to have the LIS surgery a couple of years back. It worked but it sure as hell wasn't fun for her. So on to my wonderful AF that I have had for about two years - on and off sucker has caused me a whole world of pain - touch wood I never got the spasms but the special special burning pain really has been a treat. So I have tried all the creams and suppositories and softners and special diets and drank a whole ocean worth of Evian. i have taken varying combinations of pain killers, but non opiate based of course, we all now how good pain killers only serve to make your world of bum problems that much worse. Right so what has worked for me is Solgar magnesium citrate. I know it ain't ground breaking, but seriously if you haven't tried it please do. I take 400 mg morning and 400mg at night. Sometimes that amount gives me a touch if the runs, so I adjust the dose accordingly. Sometimes it's better to take only 200mg -300mg at night. Alls it does is basically soften the bm right up, but doesn't give you gas like softners and is way cheaper. It makes me wonder if I have had a magnesium deficiency all along. A lot of the population are deficient. Anyway hope this helps someone.
Ouchie78

Topics: 1

Re: Please try this if you haven't already.

Postby Please go-away! » 30 Jun 2013, 11:05

Thanks Ouchie, I'm do for my Gastro, Doctor appointment at the Digestive Clinic soon, I'm going to ask her, regarding the Mag, Citrate, because there's heart issues in the family, and if how many mg's and when to take.
I know that Magnesium Citrate helps to support nerve and muscle, as it is I already take a calcium, magnesium supplement (only 50 mg)
Thanks for the tip..:D  take care.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Ouchie78 » 01 Jul 2013, 03:42

Thanks for the reply please go-away! I hope you can take the mag citrate, because I really feel like its a god send. I think some people just need more of it to keep everything going smoothly. The other thingI feel like is why should we not be able to eat some of the foods we want here and there and also sometimes it's not possible to drink 2 litres of water and be going to the loo all the time. That's what I was having to do before the magnesium, but now I can eat healthy but have treats such as pizza and ice cream and. Can drink water, but if I don meet my quota I don't panic. Best of luck - hope your appointment goes well.
Ouchie78

Topics: 1

Postby Please go-away! » 01 Jul 2013, 08:20

Thank you Ouchie, Unfartunatly..Image, I do get the spasms..even after a smooth BM, about a couple hours later the pain(spasms) increase gradually from a 1 to a 2 and can sometimes reach a 5, so predictable. the spasms can last for a few hours, then dulling down to a sore muscle ache. It takes over my whole morning..ugh.Image
I'm going to insist on the magnesium and gradually increase it ..thank you so much..I guess we are all desperate on this site..lol.
P.S I have a compound ointment, nitro and xylcaine, going to ask for a stronger dose. since I don't react harsh with it...and yes I'm definitely getting the mag, citrate..thanks again.
We should all chat in real time..I never see any one on the chat?..It"s great, if you can"t sleep at night,or just need a friendly ear, at that moment and time.  
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15